November 23, 2017, 09:52:06 AM

Author Topic: Who do you want?  (Read 6051 times)

October 04, 2017, 07:48:38 PM
Reply #75

Hawkandro

Surprised no-one has mentioned a certain Blue managing on the South coast yet.

What was Porto Guy's actual name by the way?

Vitor Pereira.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

deCoubertin

October 04, 2017, 08:55:27 PM
Reply #76

everton1952

But Rafa is an excellent coach. I bow to no one in the insults I used to write about him in times past. But that is past, and this is now. I would have him as our coach in the event of Koeman leaving. By the way he has not left despite what another thread pretends to claim. As for the kraut chap, well maybe a bit premature, so I will stick with the fat Spanish waiter, ooops old habits die hard. I mean Rafa Benitez.

October 04, 2017, 09:34:25 PM
Reply #77

kramer0

I want [uses derogatory term for that person].

October 04, 2017, 09:38:33 PM
Reply #78

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
But Rafa is an excellent coach. I bow to no one in the insults I used to write about him in times past. But that is past, and this is now. I would have him as our coach in the event of Koeman leaving. By the way he has not left despite what another thread pretends to claim. As for the kraut chap, well maybe a bit premature, so I will stick with the fat Spanish waiter, ooops old habits die hard. I mean Rafa Benitez.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
I have to return some videotapes.

October 04, 2017, 09:41:35 PM
Reply #79

Hawkandro

Alright Brexit, calm down.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:46:33 PM by Hawkandro »
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 04, 2017, 09:50:44 PM
Reply #80

Realist

The Unsworth shouts are poor, people seem to think being an ex player will have any sort of effect on the squad, it counts for shit nowadays - Shearer at Newcastle springs to mind

We've got a tiny amount of homegrown players, most of the foreign players won't be arsed if Unsworth used to play, we need a good manager, this appointment assuming Koeman goes is going to be critically important to the clubs future

October 04, 2017, 10:23:35 PM
Reply #81

Lxxx

Have absolutely no idea who we should go for and not arsed now really. The fun seems to be draining out of supporting Everton over recent years, it's only really history that keeps me involved now although it's good escapism from everyday life. Or used to be.

International breaks always make me feel a bit like this.

October 04, 2017, 10:38:31 PM
Reply #82

BlueForYou

Enter Brendan Rodgers - and don't be surprised

Unfinished business on Merseyside

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 04, 2017, 11:08:51 PM
Reply #83

kramer0

The Unsworth shouts are poor, people seem to think being an ex player will have any sort of effect on the squad, it counts for shit nowadays - Shearer at Newcastle springs to mind

I disagree. If our U23 manager was a complete unknown, or even some miserable ex-Liverpool player, who routinely (1) sent out well-organized sides, (2) motivated his players to perform well, and (3) sent players to the first team who looked totally prepared for the demands of that level, I'd feel the same way about his candidacy for the job (on an interim basis, of course). Shearer had some coaching background but absolutely zero experience with managerial duties and that's one of the many reasons why he tanked. That appointment was pure sentiment and yes, it was stupid. Someone like Duncan Ferguson or Mikel Arteta (who I'm sure is learning a lot from Guardiola, but who is ultimately only an assistant) would be more akin to the Shearer appointment. And even then, neither of those get anywhere close to how unqualified Shearer was.

It's fair enough if you don't care for Unsworth on the basis of inexperience. We only have one dead rubber with the first team, a couple of caretaker spells at Preston, and his U23 work to judge him on. But I still think that he's honing genuine managerial skills at the U23 level and that he would do a good job for the rest of the season while we sort out the larger behind-the-scenes problems at the club.

[It's also worth mentioning that plenty of youth team managers from around Europe have made the step up and have done well in first team management: Thomas Tuchel, Pal Dardai, Julian Nagelsmann, Simone Inzaghi (thanks, @hill135 ). Maybe it's time for some of England's most talented U23 managers to get opportunities in first team management.]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:11:29 PM by kramer0 »

October 04, 2017, 11:57:51 PM
Reply #84

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Enter Brendan Rodgers - and don't be surprised

Unfinished business on Merseyside

If he hadn't been at the shite he'd be a clear front runner

October 05, 2017, 12:02:15 AM
Reply #85

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If he hadn't been at the shite he'd be a clear front runner

Probably Rafa as well to be fair.

Don't know enough about managers tbh. Deffo come around to the Koeman out stuff though. Can't see another way out of the mess.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 05, 2017, 12:13:17 AM
Reply #86

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
What about Hughton?  Done very well with brighton to get them to Prem.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 05, 2017, 12:24:55 AM
Reply #87

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What about Hughton?  Done very well with brighton to get them to Prem.

Im sorry, are we west Brom?

October 05, 2017, 12:33:38 AM
Reply #88

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Im sorry, are we west Brom?

Not for me either but shouts of Rafa. just curious as to people's thoughts. Right now, I would love to be West Brom tho.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 05, 2017, 12:48:55 AM
Reply #89

Shogun

Administrator
Some grim shouts here.

Wanting to replace a negative manager with an even more negative manager in Benitez who has failed in every job since Liverpool.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth