December 12, 2018, 11:50:14 AM

Author Topic: Who do you want?  (Read 12554 times)

October 04, 2017, 10:23:35 PM
Read 12554 times

Lxxx

Have absolutely no idea who we should go for and not arsed now really. The fun seems to be draining out of supporting Everton over recent years, it's only really history that keeps me involved now although it's good escapism from everyday life. Or used to be.

International breaks always make me feel a bit like this.

October 05, 2017, 06:04:45 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Rafa Bentiez and his regular hissy fits in the media, his spoilt kid approach to managing a football club and his quite obvious love for them over the park should be enough to discount him from any discussion,

October 05, 2017, 06:58:06 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Money usually sways most of these players and managers, it’s happened before and will happen again
Give it a rest.

October 06, 2017, 05:53:58 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

I'd hate Unsy to be given it if only for the fear he might not do well and ruin his promising reputation.

Whoever the next guy is I feel he does need to 'get' Everton. Moyes did and got cut a lot of slack for it. Martinez only lasted as long as he did as he looked as if he genuinely loved his job and the club. We're not a London club with a diverse fanbase, we're not a corporate club with a large amount of plastic fans like the shite and Man U, we're still in the main a pretty working class club with fans who reflect those values.

I know there are plenty of examples of managers at clubs who don't profess their love and do very well but Evertonians are a weird bunch and if we can relate to the man and can see he's doing and saying things we agree with then we give them more of a chance.