November 24, 2017, 05:45:25 AM

Author Topic: Who do you want?  (Read 6086 times)

October 05, 2017, 07:14:44 AM
Reply #105

Ramjam

Letís go and test spurs resolve and double Pochettinos wages to come here, that might be enough to tempt him. I think he is easily the best manager in the prem, looks like his Spurs team will be breaking up after this season anyway with Real interested in Kane and the Arabic meat counter Dele Alli
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

deCoubertin

October 05, 2017, 07:17:39 AM
Reply #106

Jamokachi

Letís go and test spurs resolve and double Pochettinos wages to come here, that might be enough to tempt him. I think he is easily the best manager in the prem, looks like his Spurs team will be breaking up after this season anyway with Real interested in Kane and the Arabic meat counter Dele Alli

October 05, 2017, 07:41:59 AM
Reply #107

BlueMaquis

Brendon Rodgers then? Or ranieri??

I do think this is nonsense. What have they won has to be considered against other factors. Barcelona have had a poor manager win the treble

That goes without saying. I'm not suggesting appointing the local under 16 girls coach because he won them the league.

Wasn't aware Brendan Rodgers had won anything significant, to be honest.

October 05, 2017, 09:13:06 AM
Reply #108

Ramjam

That goes without saying. I'm not suggesting appointing the local under 16 girls coach because he won them the league.

Won the treble at Celtic last season
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 05, 2017, 09:16:47 AM
Reply #109

BlueMaquis

Won the treble at Celtic last season

October 05, 2017, 09:45:04 AM
Reply #110

Ramjam

Ok itís not the worlds greatest league but that was quite an achievement as well as being unbeaten domestically for 18 months
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 05, 2017, 11:25:57 AM
Reply #111

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

I have to return some videotapes.

October 05, 2017, 01:58:30 PM
Reply #112

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gone a bit mad in here

October 05, 2017, 02:13:57 PM
Reply #113

Waltzer

Ok itís not the worlds greatest league but that was quite an achievement as well as being unbeaten domestically for 18 months

Celitic are the only club in thse competitions so its not that great is it. Id be gutted if Rodgers even got considered

October 05, 2017, 02:52:33 PM
Reply #114

plumber

This thread is a good evidence that Koeman shouldn't be sacked.

October 05, 2017, 03:52:23 PM
Reply #115

BlueForYou

Which three current PL managers would be your choice if Colonel Koeman leaves?

Realistically, I guess you can eliminate Guardiola, Mourinho, Conte, Pochettino, Wenger and Klopp

On the other hand, you can include any of the present national mangers from England, Scotland, Wales, Northern and Republic of Ireland, plus any manager from the lower leagues, including Scotland

1) Rodgers
2) Bilic
3) Silva

What do I want? Koeman to see out his contract
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 05, 2017, 04:19:42 PM
Reply #116

Mayor Farnum

I disagree. If our U23 manager was a complete unknown, or even some miserable ex-Liverpool player, who routinely (1) sent out well-organized sides, (2) motivated his players to perform well, and (3) sent players to the first team who looked totally prepared for the demands of that level, I'd feel the same way about his candidacy for the job (on an interim basis, of course). Shearer had some coaching background but absolutely zero experience with managerial duties and that's one of the many reasons why he tanked. That appointment was pure sentiment and yes, it was stupid. Someone like Duncan Ferguson or Mikel Arteta (who I'm sure is learning a lot from Guardiola, but who is ultimately only an assistant) would be more akin to the Shearer appointment. And even then, neither of those get anywhere close to how unqualified Shearer was.

It's fair enough if you don't care for Unsworth on the basis of inexperience. We only have one dead rubber with the first team, a couple of caretaker spells at Preston, and his U23 work to judge him on. But I still think that he's honing genuine managerial skills at the U23 level and that he would do a good job for the rest of the season while we sort out the larger behind-the-scenes problems at the club.

[It's also worth mentioning that plenty of youth team managers from around Europe have made the step up and have done well in first team management: Thomas Tuchel, Pal Dardai, Julian Nagelsmann, Simone Inzaghi (thanks, @hill135 ). Maybe it's time for some of England's most talented U23 managers to get opportunities in first team management.]

So Tim Sherwood it is then.

October 05, 2017, 04:23:51 PM
Reply #117

Paddockoldie

The equivalent of dating Megan Fox, dumping her and asking Bella Emberg out because she's agreed to anal.

October 05, 2017, 04:25:23 PM
Reply #118

BlueForYou

And if it's a significant trophy winner you want, we had Martinez - unless the FA Cup doesn't count

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 05, 2017, 04:53:39 PM
Reply #119

everton1952

It is a bit mad on here as someone said. Pochettino would die laughing at an offer to go backwards 4 or 5 years and join us. I still reckon (given this is a bit of a mad thread) Rafa Benitez would be a good coach here.