November 22, 2017, 10:02:42 AM

Author Topic: Who do you want?  (Read 6006 times)

October 05, 2017, 06:04:45 PM
Reply #120

Lxxx

Rafa Bentiez and his regular hissy fits in the media, his spoilt kid approach to managing a football club and his quite obvious love for them over the park should be enough to discount him from any discussion,

deCoubertin

October 05, 2017, 06:12:36 PM
Reply #121

Realist

Possibly though most of us haven't seen that first hand.

Nonsense

October 05, 2017, 06:14:11 PM
Reply #122

Hawkandro

So Tim Sherwood it is then.

Bollocks! He'll be the new Director of Football.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 05, 2017, 06:25:21 PM
Reply #123

Django

NSNO Subscriber
It's a tough question and a reason to keep hold of Koeman to see what's available in the future. Unsworth would undoubtedly produce and initial spike in results but it remains to be seen if he could actually manage fully fledged established players.

I've began to think there's something a bit rotten at the core of Everton the way we keep producing these diabolical performances - tactics aside the players just don't seem assed at all.

If we were to replace anyone my realistic choice would be Tuchel or perhaps Nagelsmann.

Someone young with fresh ideas and a fresh approach.

October 05, 2017, 06:33:13 PM
Reply #124

Realist

Letís go and test spurs resolve and double Pochettinos wages to come here, that might be enough to tempt him. I think he is easily the best manager in the prem, looks like his Spurs team will be breaking up after this season anyway with Real interested in Kane and the Arabic meat counter Dele Alli

What planet are you on mate? No offence but there's not a chance on earth

October 05, 2017, 06:46:55 PM
Reply #125

Bluenose 91

I'd be ok with Unsworth until the end of the season to see what he can do.

You're not really going to be able to make a good long term managerial appointment halfway through a season anyway.

October 05, 2017, 06:47:49 PM
Reply #126

mikey_blue

Let’s go and test spurs resolve and double Pochettinos wages to come here, that might be enough to tempt him. I think he is easily the best manager in the prem, looks like his Spurs team will be breaking up after this season anyway with Real interested in Kane and the Arabic meat counter Dele Alli

If he does anything of note with Spurs this year, then he will be off to PSG. He was a player there, and has always said that it would be a dream to go there.

October 05, 2017, 06:51:01 PM
Reply #127

Ramjam

What planet are you on mate? No offence but there's not a chance on earth

Money usually sways most of these players and managers, itís happened before and will happen again
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 05, 2017, 06:58:06 PM
Reply #128

Lxxx

Money usually sways most of these players and managers, it’s happened before and will happen again
Give it a rest.

October 05, 2017, 07:01:52 PM
Reply #129

Paddockoldie

What you also have to consider with a manager like Tuchel etc is that the European game is very different to here. Look at Klassen? Raved about at Ajax but struggling  here. You can give a player time to adapt but not managers... hence the problem we have. Koeman needs to change rather than us change the manager on a knee jerk. Kendal nearly got the sack and look what happened then... not saying that will happen now but the point is that change should be to improve not take another gamble.

October 05, 2017, 07:15:45 PM
Reply #130

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Money usually sways most of these players and managers, itís happened before and will happen again

He has a great squad, great stadium next year, is on £5.5 million a year, contract untill 2021 and lives in London like most foreign managers (and players) prefer, so how much do we need to offer him to come here ? At least £10 to 15 million to buy his contract out for starters.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:19:06 PM by Escla »

October 05, 2017, 07:21:17 PM
Reply #131

Toddacelli

It's time for us to learn from our mistakes and go with a results-based appointment. We've tried the "promising up and coming manager" in Martinez and we've tried the "champion player so must be a good manager" approach in Koeman. Neither worked. The only relevant questions should now be "What have you won? What have you achieved?" Cups don't count - any team in football can go on a lucky run.

Agree.

This was why I was keen on Pellegrini when we were linked.

Was he the most inspiring choice? No.

But at least he had first hand experience of what it would take to win the prem

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 05, 2017, 07:24:10 PM
Reply #132

Toddacelli

Won the treble at Celtic last season

Really? Wow!

How come the media haven't made more of this? Plucky little Celtic winning the treble eh?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 05, 2017, 07:27:05 PM
Reply #133

BlueForYou

See how they fair in the Champions League - should make the Europa

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 05, 2017, 07:36:13 PM
Reply #134

Waltzer

Agree.

This was why I was keen on Pellegrini when we were linked.

Was he the most inspiring choice? No.

But at least he had first hand experience of what it would take to win the prem

He bought the league had unlimited resources and still managed to finish 5th in his last term. Appreciate they'd confirmed Pep was arriving but you'd have thought that would make the players want to impress more?