November 22, 2017, 05:23:47 PM

Author Topic: Who do you want?  (Read 6014 times)

October 06, 2017, 12:33:59 AM
Reply #165

Evertonian in NC

Such a depressing thread.

appropriate for an International Break week
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

deCoubertin

October 06, 2017, 12:35:16 AM
Reply #166

bacon sarnie

I think it takes more than passion nowadays to succeed in the premiership

That was before the EPL when men were men and sheep were nervous.

October 06, 2017, 01:16:41 PM
Reply #167

Waltzer

You're either missing the point or I didn't put it across well enough.

To clarify -

Of the managers that we were seriously linked to at that time - I wanted the only one who had won the Premier League (and recently).

I am fed up of 'triers' - I want a 'tried and tested'.

It should not be too much to ask with out current and immediate future prospects.

I get that but just because they won the league it doesnt mean they're a good manager. Ranieri is probably available but no way would I want him. I wanted Pellegrini before he went to City as he was immense at Villareal but towards the end at City he looked like a beat man and I dont think he'd of done that well tbh

October 06, 2017, 02:43:28 PM
Reply #168

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Martin O'Neill

October 06, 2017, 03:02:44 PM
Reply #169

Mayor Farnum

Martin O'Neill

Sometimes threads just come to their natural conclusion and at that point they're best left to die.

October 06, 2017, 03:07:58 PM
Reply #170

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I am of course talking about the Martin O'Neil who has worked miracles with that Northern Ireland squad.

October 06, 2017, 03:19:50 PM
Reply #171

Jamokachi

I am of course talking about the Martin O'Neil who has worked miracles with that Northern Ireland squad.

International football is a load of shite these days though.

October 06, 2017, 03:22:28 PM
Reply #172

Mayor Farnum

I really do think that at times we Evertonians get what we deserve.

October 06, 2017, 03:29:52 PM
Reply #173

BlueForYou

Taking the Michael - anyone like a drink?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 06, 2017, 03:54:53 PM
Reply #174

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

Michael O'Neill, Northern Ireland manager

Not to be confused with Martin O'Neill, Republic Of Ireland manager

Not sure how he's done in club management, but he's clearly done well with limited quality for that Northern Ireland team. Seems that he would be a good fit for a relegation threatened team trying to become a mid table team

However we are a mid table team trying to become a top level team, not sure if he's the man for that task
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 06, 2017, 04:19:24 PM
Reply #175

BlueForYou

Not sure if he has the right influence to drive us
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 06, 2017, 04:32:36 PM
Reply #176

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Let's just list everyone who's doing a decent job.

October 06, 2017, 04:40:54 PM
Reply #177

BlueForYou

That included the man we've got

Martinez experienced relegation, as has Dyche, Silva, Benitez and who knows, maybe this season, Howe (and/or Koeman, of course)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 04:43:55 PM by BlueForYou »

Harry Catterick

October 06, 2017, 05:00:34 PM
Reply #178

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Whichever manager comes in, or if Koeman continues, they haven't got an easy task ahead of them

It's taking a once great side with high expectations who haven't done anything of note at the top end of the table for 30 years

No obvious choice for a manager to take us forward

Who has experience of taking a sleeping giant back to the top?

The most stellar name available is probably Carlo Ancellotti. Great CV, he's managed some top teams

Has he got experience with a mid table side though and Turning them into a great side again?

I think most of his experience is rocking up at sides who are expected to be competing for the league and keeping them at that level and winning trophies. He's managed Bayern, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Juve all at the top end

No guarantee that he would be the right man to look after this bunch of losers!

Thomas Tuchel is another manager who would appear to be well regarded and in demand. By all accounts he has done well with Augsburg, Mainz and Dortmund and Bayern are being linked with him to be their next permanent manager. Can he cut it in England?is he out of reach for us?

Other end of the spectrum the likes of Sean Dyche, Eddie Howe have done well with small clubs with low expectations. Are they worth taking a risk on to see if they can cut it at a higher level?

And then we have the likes of Marco Silva, seemed to improve Hull a lot in a short space of time and is now doing a great job at Watford having had success in Portugal. He's young and seems to be adapting well to managing in england. Personally I would like Silva to be given a chance
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 06, 2017, 05:02:45 PM
Reply #179

hill135

Tuchel, Naglesman or Marco Silva.

Don't reckon we'll bin him though