November 24, 2017, 06:20:05 AM

Author Topic: Who do you want?  (Read 6088 times)

October 06, 2017, 05:53:58 PM
Reply #180

Lxxx

I'd hate Unsy to be given it if only for the fear he might not do well and ruin his promising reputation.

Whoever the next guy is I feel he does need to 'get' Everton. Moyes did and got cut a lot of slack for it. Martinez only lasted as long as he did as he looked as if he genuinely loved his job and the club. We're not a London club with a diverse fanbase, we're not a corporate club with a large amount of plastic fans like the shite and Man U, we're still in the main a pretty working class club with fans who reflect those values.

I know there are plenty of examples of managers at clubs who don't profess their love and do very well but Evertonians are a weird bunch and if we can relate to the man and can see he's doing and saying things we agree with then we give them more of a chance.

deCoubertin

October 06, 2017, 08:35:44 PM
Reply #181

Bluedylan

Our previous manager got us, but was pretty much incompetent and negligent, our current manager doesn't get us and seems to be veering towards incompetence.

I just think we need to appoint a better manager next time, whether he gets us or not.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 06, 2017, 08:56:16 PM
Reply #182

Macca77

Marco Silv - however we would have to fork out millions to Watford to get him

Ancelotti - massive statement if we managed to persuade him to come here, his name alone would attract better players

Tuchel - young hungry manager, a lot of clubs would be sniffing around him, might come here but would probably be off if one of the bigger boys came after him

October 06, 2017, 09:06:53 PM
Reply #183

Mayor Farnum

Our previous manager got us, but was pretty much incompetent and negligent, our current manager doesn't get us and seems to be veering towards incompetence.

I just think we need to appoint a better manager next time, whether he gets us or not.

If you were to sit down with Koeman and explain us to him what would you say?

October 06, 2017, 09:27:32 PM
Reply #184

Bluedylan

If you were to sit down with Koeman and explain us to him what would you say?

A lot of what has been said. Traditionally working class fanbase, lots of historical success and as such a belief that we should be near the top of the English game (not dissimilar to Valencia in that regard), fans respond to high energy performances, sections of the fanbase love passing football, others prefer more agricultural means. We're a heavily community based club. The obvious stuff really.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 06, 2017, 09:32:28 PM
Reply #185

everton1952

We are upset fans, some of whom pay to watch Everton and expect a better style of football. Some of us want you gone, others do not, and there is no way this can be accurately quantified. In other words, we are not representative of the majority of the 35000 fans who have committed to attend all the home matches, in a similar way that irate callers on post match phone ins are representative. In other words it does not matter a fuck to you what we think or say really, but the views of the 35000 who do attend do matter, because their only method of expressing their feelings is their contribution to the match atmosphere, supportive, silent or verbally hostile. That is what the board of directors will take note of. At the moment I would say you are on  a losing streak with the crowd. Fix it if you can or the owner will fix it for you. Good luck.

October 11, 2017, 12:52:46 AM
Reply #186

D15TIN

Id honestly give Unsworth a go. He knows the players- especially those coming from the U23s, he'd have the backing of supporters, as people have said he 'gets everton' he'd know how to get the crowd behind them.

October 13, 2017, 03:47:51 AM
Reply #187

penguinofdoom1878

Marco Silv - however we would have to fork out millions to Watford to get him

Ancelotti - massive statement if we managed to persuade him to come here, his name alone would attract better players

Tuchel - young hungry manager, a lot of clubs would be sniffing around him, might come here but would probably be off if one of the bigger boys came after him

Tuchel is probably off to Chelsea in the summer, Conte wants to return home.
Ancelotti would be a great appointment, even though he upset the Bayern team.

I wouldnt be upset at Rafa though

October 13, 2017, 03:54:09 AM
Reply #188

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I honestly can't understand the Benitez thing. He's still hugely involved in all things Liverpool and always will be. I don't hate the guy but do I fuck want him to be Everton manager.

October 13, 2017, 05:00:22 PM
Reply #189

everton1952

We have never been the same since Moyes left. We have a lot of "little" players so maybe the recently sacked Scots manager who did quite well with a team of wee little men, could be in the frame? (I wanted to use the word "dwarfs" but was afraid the PC brigade might get at me).

October 13, 2017, 05:28:58 PM
Reply #190

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
God this place is a hellhole.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 13, 2017, 06:19:22 PM
Reply #191

Ross

Has there ever been a more dislikable shite manager than Benitez?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 13, 2017, 07:44:19 PM
Reply #192

Mayor Farnum

Has there ever been a more dislikable shite manager than Benitez?

This latest bloke.

October 13, 2017, 07:56:05 PM
Reply #193

Ross

This latest bloke.

No hes harmless.

Id say hes more likeable than Koeman, which obviously hurts.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 13, 2017, 09:26:23 PM
Reply #194

Bluenose 91

Bad shout that like.

Klopp is the worst they've had for a while.