October 22, 2017, 11:48:04 AM

Author Topic: Is Pickford one of the issues?  (Read 1685 times)

October 04, 2017, 05:17:22 PM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He looks decent. Very slow on his feet and never on his toes so seems to reeact late. He is young so can iron that out. Some left foot on him though

Sheedyesque?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

deCoubertin

October 04, 2017, 05:26:09 PM
Reply #16

everton1952

One of our more decent signings I would think. He should be used to playing behind a shit defense considering where he came from.

October 04, 2017, 06:09:25 PM
Reply #17

SANA_DR0

i know we could do with more pace and height,

but DCL is tall and is fast. Everytime he plays, on motd or on sky or bt, they always say he has pace to burn.

dont get why Evertonians cant see this..
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

October 04, 2017, 07:24:35 PM
Reply #18

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 04, 2017, 07:53:37 PM
Reply #19

MmmBlueRamirez

i know we could do with more pace and height,

but DCL is tall and is fast. Everytime he plays, on motd or on sky or bt, they always say he has pace to burn.

dont get why Evertonians cant see this..

It's not just about pace and height tho is it?

Timing of runs and direction of travel are just as, if not more important. DCL doesn't have that yet.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 04, 2017, 07:58:53 PM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
hasnt pickfords distribution been one of the worst in the league?

We're definitely trying to rely on it too much. If there's a break on then sure but I can't fucking stand the long ball shit at the minute. It's back to Moyes type stuff of straight from the kick off surrendering possession for yardage. Draining.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 04, 2017, 08:07:06 PM
Reply #21

mikey_blue

shooting from the hip here.

October 04, 2017, 08:20:57 PM
Reply #22

blue slug

He's the least of our problems, pickford is class, the outfield players are an utter bag of piss

October 04, 2017, 08:46:34 PM
Reply #23

everton1952

Gosh, the worst in the league! You must have studied this. Who is the next worse and who is the best in the league? Can you back up your statement with statistics? Must be hard to watch the games if you concentrate too much on one aspect.

October 04, 2017, 09:25:47 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gosh, the worst in the league! You must have studied this. Who is the next worse and who is the best in the league? Can you back up your statement with statistics? Must be hard to watch the games if you concentrate too much on one aspect.

Yeah I mean like in terms of his passes hitting our players - one of the worst in the league I believe.

It's due to us not having a striker though not his kicking. I wish he wouldn't do it as much and would pick his times better personally because I find it boring and unattractive...down to Ronald though isn't it really.

That said apparently against City we used it to pin them up the pitch and win the ball back so it's like sacrificing possession for yardage and trying to pin them, so his completion will be lower.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 05, 2017, 03:43:25 PM
Reply #25

BlueNoseMike

Yeah I mean like in terms of his passes hitting our players - one of the worst in the league I believe.

It's due to us not having a striker though not his kicking. I wish he wouldn't do it as much and would pick his times better personally because I find it boring and unattractive...down to Ronald though isn't it really.

That said apparently against City we used it to pin them up the pitch and win the ball back so it's like sacrificing possession for yardage and trying to pin them, so his completion will be lower.

I think in terms of completion he will always be lower because of the distance. A lot of the top keepers play it out to a ball playing CB, we don't because we can't. I think when you factor in distance and completion his distribution was 2nd behind De Gea last season so not worried going forward.

Missing out on Giroud or another of his ilk has buggered up Koeman's plans. Trouble is he is still playing as if we have that player up top when we don't

October 05, 2017, 04:23:49 PM
Reply #26

Martip

He's the least of our problems, pickford is class, the outfield players are an utter bag of piss
Agree with comments on outfield players but pickford has not done enough for me yet to be labelled as class. Early days he.

October 05, 2017, 06:43:45 PM
Reply #27

74Blue

No. There is a big fucking Ashley Williams shaped object in front of him that is a far bigger issue than Pickford.

October 05, 2017, 07:58:24 PM
Reply #28

gizzblue

This thread is madness ....how the fuck is such a young keeper supposed to find his feet with a plethora of changes every match in front of him and an invisible wall that is Williams playing for the opposition as much as possible when he plays. ...convinced the twat is betting against himself every game .

Pickford is the best signing this year easy .

October 05, 2017, 08:09:08 PM
Reply #29

Waltzer

I dont think hes been helped by the fact we have a team that negates everything good about him. When we have Bolasie back I can see Pickford spraying quick balls out from the back for him to run onto. It frustrates me that when every other team on the planet has highlighted the importance of pace and power we have gone with a group that look like they're running in treacle.
I do think Pickfords handling needs to improve and to concentrate on the here and now, sometimes he comes across as too eager to distribute the ball and dropped it twice in dangerous areas on Saturday when it should've been a routine catch.