August 15, 2018, 09:46:20 AM

Author Topic: [News]Rumours that Koeman will quit Everton  (Read 5744 times)

October 04, 2017, 03:23:23 AM
Read 5744 times

Ross

Wonít believe it till Moshiri texts Jim White.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 06, 2017, 05:46:38 AM
Reply #1

Ross

Any surprise he's fucked off on holiday again?

Itíd of been a surprise to read about how he was at his desk burning the midnight oil trying to work out how to turn this around.

But whoís honestly surprised heís off on another holiday now? I doubt even his biggest backers on here arenít shocked. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 06, 2017, 06:19:00 PM
Reply #2

Ross

isn't that saying he's there for an anniversary of barca winning the champs league 28 years ago with the rest of the team ?

my Spanish is not as good as it was...

which would put a different spin on "he's fuckked off on holiday"....

I may be wrong

...yeah those 28 year anniversary things are the most important arenít they.

October 06, 2017, 08:45:33 PM
Reply #3

Ross

Lol

You hate him don't you.

Would you have Bobby Brownshoes back as his replacement?

No way. He had his chance and weíve moved on. Would have been interesting seeing what he could have done with the budget Koeman has been afford given he trusted young players and liked attacking football but heís in our past now.

Never liked Koeman from before he turned up though and his record never justified the protracted pursuit let alone the wages we had to throw at him to convince him. It seemed clear to me from the beginning he was the wrong man for where we where and where we wanted to get to long term. His career is littered with these runs, poor cup performances and fallouts with players and itís just history repeating itself.

As I end said before it just all feels like a massive wasted opportunity and when he goes I think heíll be leaving us in a weaker state than when he came.

October 06, 2017, 11:55:06 PM
Reply #4

Ross

What he spent here was relative to what Koeman has had to spend in a mad market

The backing Koeman has had isnít comparable.

In the last 15 months heís signed 7 or 8 ďstarĒ players. Itís the sort of recruitment drive I canít ever remember any other Everton manager having in my time watching them.

October 07, 2017, 12:53:07 AM
Reply #5

Ross

It is.

Who are these "star" players?
Not one would get into the starting 11 of the "Top 6" so recruitment has remained at a similar quality level,  just more bodies brought in.

No itís really not.

In his time with us Martinez bought 3 ďstarsĒ, players who cost Everton a lot of money that most others in the league could afford. They were McCarthy, Lukaku and Niasse. Now you mightnít think they were worth the money but the fact isnít he was backed to get these players above the levels most other clubs in the league couldnít affford. Of course he had other buys but they werenít in anyway out of the reach of others and just run of the mill punts they could have all taken, even the newly promoted teams.

Koeman like I said has received that backing and then some with 8 ďstarĒ recruits in his relatively short time here, plus others. Thereís a massive difference between the budgets the two have been given and this is ignoring the wages that come with these recruits that again only a handful of top clubs can match or better.