October 22, 2017, 02:41:01 AM

Author Topic: [News]Rumours that Koeman will quit Everton  (Read 3246 times)

October 06, 2017, 08:45:33 PM
Reply #45

Ross

Lol

You hate him don't you.

Would you have Bobby Brownshoes back as his replacement?

No way. He had his chance and we’ve moved on. Would have been interesting seeing what he could have done with the budget Koeman has been afford given he trusted young players and liked attacking football but he’s in our past now.

Never liked Koeman from before he turned up though and his record never justified the protracted pursuit let alone the wages we had to throw at him to convince him. It seemed clear to me from the beginning he was the wrong man for where we where and where we wanted to get to long term. His career is littered with these runs, poor cup performances and fallouts with players and it’s just history repeating itself.

As I end said before it just all feels like a massive wasted opportunity and when he goes I think he’ll be leaving us in a weaker state than when he came.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

deCoubertin

October 06, 2017, 08:56:06 PM
Reply #46

MmmBlueRamirez

No way. He had his chance and we’ve moved on. Would have been interesting seeing what he could have done with the budget Koeman has been afford given he trusted young players and liked attacking football but he’s in our past now.

Never liked Koeman from before he turned up though and his record never justified the protracted pursuit let alone the wages we had to throw at him to convince him. It seemed clear to me from the beginning he was the wrong man for where we where and where we wanted to get to long term. His career is littered with these runs, poor cup performances and fallouts with players and it’s just history repeating itself.

As I end said before it just all feels like a massive wasted opportunity and when he goes I think he’ll be leaving us in a weaker state than when he came.

Can argue with most of that.

I think overall the squad is stronger but there's a gaping chasm left by Lukaku that's yet to be filled. We can't pin that one on Kooey though.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 06, 2017, 09:39:07 PM
Reply #47

blueski

can take as many holidays as he likes if & when we are winning
Nil Satis

October 06, 2017, 09:46:01 PM
Reply #48

BlueBeagle

Would have been interesting seeing what he could have done with the budget Koeman has been afford

What he spent here was relative to what Koeman has had to spend in a mad market

October 06, 2017, 10:09:31 PM
Reply #49

sirblue57

He must be allowed to go on holiday during international breaks in the terms of his contract, or have some sort of verbal agreement with Moshiri.

TBH I think a bit too much is made of it. Football management must be an extremely stressful job. Benitez was always criticised for being too obsessive about football and having nothing else in his life. Sometimes when you're really struggling and can't see the wood for the trees, having a break and getting a bit of perspective away from things can help.

I get why people are annoyed, but if the results and performances were better I don't think anyone would care about the holiday thing, so really I think people are just pissed off with the results.

Hmm....come to that conclusion all on your own?

Of course.people are bothered about the results and performances..cause we are dog shit....and we expect the manager to be bothered as well...
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 06, 2017, 10:16:07 PM
Reply #50

Bluedylan

Hmm....come to that conclusion all on your own?

Of course.people are bothered about the results and performances..cause we are dog shit....and we expect the manager to be bothered as well...

I'll have another go, and see if I can communicate my meaning this time.

The holidays thing is a red herring, and people are so pissed off with him that they'd use any stick to beat him with at the moment.

That any clearer?
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

October 06, 2017, 11:23:11 PM
Reply #51

SANA_DR0

The holidays thing is a red herring, and people are so pissed off with him that they'd use any stick to beat him with at the moment.

That any clearer?

Wish he goes fishing on holiday in his little yacht, catches the herring, then slips over it, meaning he cant do his day to day job as a manager, insurance will pay out, Koeman and Everton both win :D

replace him with a real German coach who could catch herrings all day.

Wolfgang Wolf.

we'd be feared just cos of his name.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

October 06, 2017, 11:55:06 PM
Reply #52

Ross

What he spent here was relative to what Koeman has had to spend in a mad market

The backing Koeman has had isn’t comparable.

In the last 15 months he’s signed 7 or 8 “star” players. It’s the sort of recruitment drive I can’t ever remember any other Everton manager having in my time watching them.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 07, 2017, 12:33:03 AM
Reply #53

BlueBeagle

The backing Koeman has had isn’t comparable.

It is.

Who are these "star" players?
Not one would get into the starting 11 of the "Top 6" so recruitment has remained at a similar quality level,  just more bodies brought in.

October 07, 2017, 12:53:07 AM
Reply #54

Ross

It is.

Who are these "star" players?
Not one would get into the starting 11 of the "Top 6" so recruitment has remained at a similar quality level,  just more bodies brought in.

No it’s really not.

In his time with us Martinez bought 3 “stars”, players who cost Everton a lot of money that most others in the league could afford. They were McCarthy, Lukaku and Niasse. Now you mightn’t think they were worth the money but the fact isn’t he was backed to get these players above the levels most other clubs in the league couldn’t affford. Of course he had other buys but they weren’t in anyway out of the reach of others and just run of the mill punts they could have all taken, even the newly promoted teams.

Koeman like I said has received that backing and then some with 8 “star” recruits in his relatively short time here, plus others. There’s a massive difference between the budgets the two have been given and this is ignoring the wages that come with these recruits that again only a handful of top clubs can match or better.

October 07, 2017, 12:58:32 AM
Reply #55

BlueBeagle

No it’s really not.

In his time with us Martinez bought 3 “stars”, players who cost Everton a lot of money that most others in the league could afford. They were McCarthy, Lukaku and Niasse. Now you mightn’t think they were worth the money but the fact isn’t he was backed to get these players above the levels most other clubs in the league couldn’t affford. Of course he had other buys but they weren’t in anyway out of the reach of others and just run of the mill punts they could have all taken, even the newly promoted teams.

Koeman like I said has received that backing and then some with 8 “star” recruits in his relatively short time here, plus others. There’s a massive difference between the budgets the two have been given and this is ignoring the wages that come with these recruits that again only a handful of top clubs can match or better.

So you're just disregarding the fact that many Moyes (many of whom RM utilised) & Martinez era players need replacing at cost?

It's also worth remembering that Martinez had total authority over signings, how much input Koeman has is a mystery.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:07:36 AM by BlueBeagle »

October 07, 2017, 01:19:58 AM
Reply #56

BlueForYou

Exactly what Martin O'Neil was getting at

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 07, 2017, 01:44:23 AM
Reply #57

eyesalwaysblue

Koeman fought tooth and nail for us not to sign the amazing Sigurdsson...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 07, 2017, 02:01:21 AM
Reply #58

sirblue57

That any clearer?

Not bothered about the holiday hollow...would rather he tried to give the impression he gave a fuck ABOUT what's going wrong.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 07, 2017, 02:04:33 AM
Reply #59

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

There's literally nothing to suggest Martinez would've made good use of the money. The vast majority of his signings were abysmal.

And even if he had bought well, as is currently all too clear, there's a lot more to management than recruiting new players. For example, Martinez couldn't organise a defence to save his life. He took one of the strongest defences in European club football, and turned it into a laughing stock. Better players wouldn't have solved anything in that department.