October 22, 2019, 02:50:05 AM

Author Topic: [News]Rumours that Koeman will quit Everton  (Read 7719 times)

October 06, 2017, 03:43:35 AM
Read 7719 times

sam of the south

Just found this article online, this was when Koeman resigned as manager of Ajax after a UEFA Cup game https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/feb/25/newsstory.ajax

His comments are very interesting: "I have requested the managing board and the committee of Ajax to terminate our contract. I have to be honest to myself and to Ajax. Yesterday's result was the last straw. I no longer have the strength and the energy to get over this and make the team perform better. I managed one time before, after the bad result against Maccabi Tel-Aviv, but I cannot do it again. If I am not fully motivated and driven, I cannot and should not be the coach of Ajax."

Could history repeat itself I wonder?

Here's hoping 🤞🏼
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2017, 04:11:59 AM
Reply #1

sam of the south

Koeman fought tooth and nail for us not to sign the amazing Sigurdsson...

Erm, I think you've got that arse about face, chief 🤔

He fought tooth and nail to sign Sigurdsson and in turn bomb out Barkley, because of one of them seemingly having more 'productivity' than the other.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2017, 06:40:43 AM
Reply #2

sam of the south

Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2017, 06:41:11 AM
Reply #3

sam of the south

Henry David Thoreau