November 20, 2017, 09:25:58 PM

Author Topic: Kroenke buying Usmanov's shares  (Read 2642 times)

October 05, 2017, 12:10:31 AM
Reply #30

SANA_DR0

Not happening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41503695
?

your post killed what i was going to write!

'wheres the Usmanov money Bill??'
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

deCoubertin

October 05, 2017, 12:12:47 AM
Reply #31

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure. Heís said heís only interested in doing things for the benefit for the club and working towards the same aims as the Arsenal Supportersí Trust, which is opposed to Kroenke, which obviously doesnít fit together with him selling at any price to him. He also states heís willing to buy more shares himself.

Itís just the same posturing thatís been going on for the last 10 years.

Not sure. Heís said heís only interested in doing things for the benefit for the club and working towards the same aims as the Arsenal Supportersí Trust, which is opposed to Kroenke, which obviously doesnít fit together with him selling at any price to him. He also states heís willing to buy more shares himself.

Itís just the same posturing thatís been going on for the last 10 years.

The last line is interesting though. He's not ruling out selling his stake
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 05, 2017, 05:27:25 PM
Reply #32

SANA_DR0

I feel its better like how it is atm, if Usmanov did become involved in Everton. we'd have trouble with USM and Sportpesa being sponsors, I feel its better if his name is officially off the books, then we can get money from his companies.

Also on Arsenal, it seems like Kroenkes' a dictator of sorts, and Usmanov doesnt want him to have sole ownership of the club, in the bbc link he states if someone comes along like him, who isnt willing to sell to Kroenke, then he will consider selling his share, he wants to do whats best for Arsenal in the long term and thats not letting someone have almost 100& control.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 05, 2017, 05:40:46 PM
Reply #33

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Not that it would ever happen but why on earth would there be trouble with Sportpensa if Usmanov came in ? Usmanov is a shareholder in Arsenal but not a sponsor, Sportpensa are also sponsors of Arsenal.

October 05, 2017, 05:55:52 PM
Reply #34

blue1948

Why shouldnít the stadium moves be used to criticise kenwright. Thatís like me asking a bird if she fancies me but demanding she ignores the fact Iím fat and ugly. Itís a key consideration.

did he have the foresight or any of the boards he was involved in to buy up land around GP to build a bigger footprint. The likes of spurs/United/Chelsea/Liverpool have all done that. Instead they have let Goodison Park to fall to into a state unacceptable level of disrepair. They couldnít even build the annexe because of the interesting way he was funding the club.

no matter how you look at it the kings dock is a far superior location for a football stadium than bramley moor. Donít forget how bill lied to us about having the money for this (£30m, yes £30 fucking million pounds). We would have been in there in 2005/6 I think. So 12 years of stadium revenue missed out on. Itís proximity to the city center, itís ease of access from all directions, it would have been the new heartbeat of the city. Also donít forget how he chased Paul gregg out because he was going to borrow the money, borrowed the money anyway on a ridiculous mortgage and bought us some pretty blue stones.

Then we have the totally unacceptable situation of Kirkby. The lies about it being free, the taking us out of the city boundary. The lies about GP safety certificates. He was going to destroy the foundations of this club All for a potential 5/6m a year extra.

Leading us to the disastrous, and also apparantly free new stadium. Not worth commenting any further on tbh.
Why on earth would you not use this as a stick to beat him with?

He allowed Phil green to become an integral part of the club, he gave him control all because he stayed as the figurehead. Years of financial mismanagement lead to that situation, and more followed it.

David moyes had to sell a promising young player once to cover the repair/relaying of the pitch. Had years of negative net spend because kenwrights inability to generate funds, coupled with increasing and crippling repayment on wongaesque loans and the blue pebble mortgage.

Bill kenwright took this club to the brink of administration more than once. To a position that the club could only operate with loans from shady high interest year to year borrowing.
His legacy is one of abstract failure.

He nearly sold to a fella in a Bedsit, he turned away cities sheiks and (I think I read somewhere) abromovich.

You mention Johnson and yes he was a kopite twat. He did however build the park end which is more than billy the blue has ever done for this club.

The sooner that man is a distant memory to this club the better. If it wasnít for his ego we would be sat in a nice dockside stadium already.

L
He also mortgaged his house to buy into Everton ,would you do that ?

October 05, 2017, 06:18:14 PM
Reply #35

phillyt

He also mortgaged his house to buy into Everton ,would you do that ?
Not sure if this is tongue in cheek or not but Iím pretty sure that this idea was either disproved/shown to be an extreme exaggeration. I believe it was watched toffee linking to relevent documents.

Now to answer your question, if I was the owner of Everton and my house was valued at enough to make mortgaging it and investing the money in The club then absolutely I would. However I would do it as a short term fix, having realised I have neither the financial clout or business ability to run a premier league football club. So much so that I have put the club in such a position that no further finance can be secured against the business and not enough revenue was being generated to cover operating costs I had to put my personal property as collateral.

So yes I would, but I would immediately put the club up for sale and listen to sensible offers for it, or allow my business partner to take over the running of the club.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

October 05, 2017, 06:26:34 PM
Reply #36

SANA_DR0

Not that it would ever happen but why on earth would there be trouble with Sportpensa if Usmanov came in ? Usmanov is a shareholder in Arsenal but not a sponsor, Sportpensa are also sponsors of Arsenal.

its whats happened with PSG/Qatar and with Man City/Etihad due to their chairmen owning the companies that sponsor the clubs.

Both deals where investigated,

Uefa boss to scrutinise Manchester City's Etihad deal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14490740

Financial fair play: how can Manchester City still spend £130m in one window?
After initial success for Uefa in making clubs think seriously about their finances, a relaxation of restrictions and a glut of TV money has led to a new wave of lavish spending
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/02/financial-fair-play-manchester-city

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27243933
Paris St-Germain's £167m deal fails Uefa financial fair play rules

Sportpesa are the official African betting sponsor for Arsenal, they aren't the main sponsor, The main sponsor cant be owned by  the Chairman of the club/directors.

PSG and Man city have both been hit with fines/sanctions, yes they disregard most of them.. but do you want Everton to be in the same position?

wait dont answer that.. I can see what your doing here..

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 05, 2017, 07:26:14 PM
Reply #37

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Think you're getting confused here mate.

Usmanov, nor any of his subsiduaries, have anything to do with Sportspesa. That's why @Escla  asked about it specifically.

October 05, 2017, 07:29:24 PM
Reply #38

SANA_DR0

Think you're getting confused here mate.

Usmanov, nor any of his subsiduaries, have anything to do with Sportspesa. That's why @Escla  asked about it specifically.

My bad, i presumed Sportpesa was to do with Usmanov or USM holdings..  thanks for making me research Sportpesa.. lol i should have done that before assuming :|

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 05, 2017, 07:31:22 PM
Reply #39

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
You're point regarding USM Finch Farm is still valid though