October 21, 2017, 07:14:54 PM

Author Topic: Favourite Performance  (Read 1521 times)

October 08, 2017, 09:59:29 AM
Reply #45

Cuttyblue

For comedy value there's always this...

Most unlikely hat trick in Everton recent memory?

Top man Radz for letting the third fall in without a touch,...

deCoubertin

October 08, 2017, 02:10:53 PM
Reply #46

farnhamtoffee

Bob Latchford v Chelsea,getting his 30th goal,absolute bedlam,
Duncan McKenzie v Cardiff,FAcup 1/4 final,absolute magic,
Andy King,you know who against who,absolutely manic,
As you can see,i absolutely loved the 70s,passionate crowds & teams that showed how to lose a game with dignity.

October 08, 2017, 02:45:48 PM
Reply #47

BlueForYou

Second half v Fortuna Sittard 1985

3-0 - Andy Gray hat-trick (Terry Curran played alongside him)

About 30,000 at that game - when those goals went in, felt like 60,000 in Gwladys St, alone!

Enthusiasm, bravery, never say die - didn't have to kiss the badge, that blue shirt gave him (and us) the kiss of life

Picked up a lot of injuries, no surprise - just look at how he played

A match made in heaven - he peaked, we peaked
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 08, 2017, 03:49:53 PM
Reply #48

Paddockoldie

There are so many but the 5:0 annihilation of Utd at Goodison stands out. Even 'doll head' Sheedy scored with his head.
I'd have put us against Brazil that game... great performance.

October 08, 2017, 06:53:29 PM
Reply #49

Mac934

Wasn't at the game, so dunno if it counts, but this one lives in the memory for an individual performance:

Can't remember that kit! Oh for Andre Kanchelskis now.

October 08, 2017, 06:56:52 PM
Reply #50

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Can't remember that kit! Oh for Andre Kanchelskis now.

It was this one but with DANKA on the front

http://www.evertoncollection.org.uk/object?id=796%20EFC%2F34%2F1%2F2%2F13

[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 08, 2017, 07:19:34 PM
Reply #51

Mac934

Cheers Brownie, my memory must be fading with age.

October 08, 2017, 08:00:39 PM
Reply #52

Papa Smurf

There are so many but the 5:0 annihilation of Utd at Goodison stands out. Even 'doll head' Sheedy scored with his head.
I'd have put us against Brazil that game... great performance.

My first game that...think I was spoilt too soon!

October 09, 2017, 01:08:40 AM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The way we roll over against the shite nowadays is criminal,could learn to dislike Koeman a bit less if he won us a derby,or even recreated the passion of those players.

Yeah one of the maddest things about the last 15 year or whatever of Everton is how obviously we fanny out of derbys, despite the dross that have managed to beat them at anfield over the years.

I honestly don't think we'll win another ever again. This year I worry it's going to be another mauling.

Fucking hell everton are shite I'm on a downer now.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 09, 2017, 01:59:57 AM
Reply #54

eyesalwaysblue

Yeah one of the maddest things about the last 15 year or whatever of Everton is how obviously we fanny out of derbys, despite the dross that have managed to beat them at anfield over the years.

I honestly don't think we'll win another ever again. This year I worry it's going to be another mauling.

Fucking hell everton are shite I'm on a downer now.
We'll be back roughing um up, koeman should be made to watch all these old vids "clockwork orange stylee"
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 09, 2017, 04:51:42 AM
Reply #55

boothill

big nev v coventry highfield rd, 88 or 89 i think, best display of goalkeeping ive ever seen, sneaked a 1 nil win  through cottee

October 09, 2017, 05:07:40 AM
Reply #56

Redartin

Any game with Duncan McKenzie. Here is a taster for the younger posters.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 09, 2017, 05:48:54 AM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Saw this on twitter earlier.

https://twitter.com/mundialmag/status/916640336822394883

I loved that man, and as I was born in 87 I missed his best years!!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 09, 2017, 06:43:59 PM
Reply #58

Django

Tony Hibbert at centre half against Man City when we won 1-0

October 09, 2017, 07:00:10 PM
Reply #59

74Blue

@Toddacelli is going to love this one...

Dennis Straqulursi's performance at Goodison a few years back against City. We all knew what a limited footballer he was, but the sheer effort that he put in during that game and the panic that he caused in City's back line was worth the admission fee on It's own.

Another one from the not too distant past was Duncan Ferguson against Utd at Goodison. It was under the lights and from the second the game kicked off you could just sense that he was going to bag the winner. He was absolutely unplayable that night and it was probably the last time that we got to see the big man right up for it and doing what he did best, terrorising centre halves.