November 24, 2017, 09:05:17 PM

Author Topic: The last time I cared about England  (Read 1481 times)

October 09, 2017, 07:04:37 PM
Reply #15

74Blue

Never really been that arsed about international football, so never really cared enough about England to stop.
I will admit though that I did quite enjoy watching Everton's young guns in the last u20's World cup.

October 09, 2017, 09:26:21 PM
Reply #16

Bluenose 91

Euro 2004. 

I was 12 and Wayne Rooney, still of Everton,  looked like he was going to single handedly win it for England.

Been utter dross at every tournament since.

October 09, 2017, 11:05:49 PM
Reply #17

velimski

Went to a few tournaments...

Euro 2004
World Cup 2006
World cup 2010

Plus a couple of euro 96 games but as they were here that doesn't really count.

Couple of decent moments - sitting behind the goal where Karel Poborsky scored the chip for Czech Republic at Euro 96.

Being hit in the face by Rui Costa's missed penalty at Euro 2004.

October 10, 2017, 05:54:10 AM
Reply #18

Mayor Farnum

I haven't cared about England since Gerry Francis last changed his hairstyle.

October 10, 2017, 03:45:04 PM
Reply #19

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Beckham was really inspired in that Greece game

Even before that amazing free kick he was having a stormer and he was playing in a way that I hadn't really seen before, where he just seemed to be everywhere, and everything he was doing was something positive.

It was like he'd taken the responsibility of the team (and country!) on his shoulders and decided that he was getting us to the World Cup even if he had to do it on his own

You don't see that type of passion for the national team nowadays

England look so disjointed and the only bright light really is Harry Kane

Southgate has come out and said that England will play 3 at the back at the World Cup. Classic us!going into the World Cup with a new formation that we haven't tried before with this current group of players and with loads of questions about the personnel

I wonder whether it's because we've got so many bad midfielders that playing 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs means at least we don't have to pick as many of these bad midfielders

Hart

Stones Cahill Jones

Walker.                             Rose

Lallana Dier Alli

Kane Rashford

Is the plan something like this maybe?or do we need to shoehorn Jordan Henderson and Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain into the side to make it even worse

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 10, 2017, 04:22:34 PM
Reply #20

Macca77

So this summer England will be full of cars with those stupid flags on their windows again, idiots will decorate their houses in England flags, some reality tv star will release an official shitty England world cup song

October 10, 2017, 10:14:38 PM
Reply #21

SANA_DR0

I've never cared for the England team, I only usually watch England games if more 2 or more Everton players play.

I care more for the under 21 and youth teams, as they have a lot more Everton players in the team..
Got Andorra at 5,. dont think its being shown anywhere ;/
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 11, 2017, 02:33:54 AM
Reply #22

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I watched highlights of the England u17 team beating Chile 4-0 in the world cup the other day and they were everything the men's team isn't.

Fast, moved the ball with pace, enthusiasm, great skill, great finishing, cool names like Jadon Sancho and Angel Gomes rather than Jordan Henderson and Eric Dier.

October 12, 2017, 01:25:01 AM
Reply #23

SANA_DR0

I watched highlights of the England u17 team beating Chile 4-0 in the world cup the other day and they were everything the men's team isn't.

Fast, moved the ball with pace, enthusiasm, great skill, great finishing, cool names like Jadon Sancho and Angel Gomes rather than Jordan Henderson and Eric Dier.

thats why i prefer the England youth/under 21 games, the players play with out fear,  they look like they're having fun, rather than being scared shitless of fucking up.

one of my fave England matches i went to was England under 18s i think V spain under 18s. it was at Walsall's Bescot stadium, Fowler scored 4 i think lol

edit fowler scored 3.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/england-v-spain-22-july-1993-262830/

even found the highlights! happy days, first match i ever went to :D
I recall the atmosphere being fucking amazing, also stealing the spanish subs balls at half time while they was warming up.. lol, 2 spanish players got sent off i think, mainly due to the crowd!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:34:16 AM by SANA_DR0 »
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 12, 2017, 03:05:48 AM
Reply #24

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
So this summer England will be full of cars with those stupid flags on their windows again, idiots will decorate their houses in England flags, some reality tv star will release an official shitty England world cup song

And then there will be a national depression when you go out in the quarters. Rinse, cycle, repeat in four years time
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 12, 2017, 04:51:49 AM
Reply #25

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
And then there will be a national depression when you go out in the quarters. Rinse, cycle, repeat in four years time
If be fucking made up if we make the quarters

Simply simply lovely

October 12, 2017, 05:58:29 AM
Reply #26

gizzblue

No depression here far to long in the tooth to expect anything but dros from England in a tournament. 😅😅.
But the I always prefered rugby shouts can already be heard across Wales 😛

October 12, 2017, 07:04:16 AM
Reply #27

Shogun

Administrator

Don't think anyone really cares anymore to be honest mate.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 12, 2017, 07:07:55 AM
Reply #28

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think anyone really cares anymore to be honest mate.

You'd be surprised. Only going by my English friends, which are surprisingly many, and family members. I think though it's more your casual footy fans who care about the national team.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 12, 2017, 02:33:41 PM
Reply #29

Macca77