October 15, 2019, 04:11:53 PM

Author Topic: Brighton v Everton  (Read 38750 times)

October 09, 2017, 02:22:06 AM
Read 38750 times

sam of the south

13:30 on Sunday and not on TV  ???

Pickford
Kenny Keane Jagielka Baines
Gana Schneiderlin
Davies
Vlasic DCL Lookman

If only he chose this side 👌🏼

I'm from and live in Brighton, and I'll be hungover and probably avoiding this match.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

October 09, 2017, 05:28:27 AM
Reply #1

sam of the south

Bizarrely Cardiff Blues are playing Lyon in Europe on the Friday night

Jesus, Lyon are playing rugby against a pro rugby team?

That's madness 😧
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

October 11, 2017, 08:03:59 PM
Reply #2

sam of the south

Gotta play Sigurdsson in the number 10 with wide players making runs either side of him and a striker in front of him. Just give it a whirl, Ronald, and see if it helps.

I think he dismissively tried that 'experiment' against Burnley, just so he could say he gave it a (token) go.

It was doomed to failure, though; Niasse was one of them (he's not really a winger) and both him and Vlasic tucked-in, with the only real width of note coming from Martina (yippee) and Baines in about the 90th minute.
Henry David Thoreau

October 11, 2017, 08:43:13 PM
Reply #3

sam of the south

I would go for this

Pickford
            Kenny Keane Jagielka Baines
                 Davies Gana Sigurdsson
                  Lookman DCL Vlasic

Stekelenburg, Holgate, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Rooney, Sandro, Niasse
Henry David Thoreau

October 15, 2017, 06:37:29 PM
Reply #4

sam of the south

Yay, DCL out wide.

It would be interesting if Rooney really stayed up front, but I'm expecting him to be floating around everywhere as usual.
Henry David Thoreau

October 15, 2017, 06:39:42 PM
Reply #5

sam of the south

Lookman not even on the bench is uncool (unless he's injured)

Would hate to see him leave, his potential is really interesting.
Henry David Thoreau

October 15, 2017, 08:11:35 PM
Reply #6

sam of the south

Cor, Rooney has been poor so far
Henry David Thoreau

October 15, 2017, 09:11:49 PM
Reply #7

sam of the south

We will lose AND he won't go.

Perfect scenario for continued failure.
Henry David Thoreau

October 15, 2017, 09:25:52 PM
Reply #8

sam of the south

He ain't going anytime soon, lads.

Lower half finish awaits.
Henry David Thoreau

October 15, 2017, 10:12:41 PM
Reply #9

sam of the south

Was wondering the same.  Is Brighton racist/Brexit territory?

Far from it.

It's my home town.

Voted two thirds to remain, and is the most culturally liberal place in Britain.
Henry David Thoreau

October 15, 2017, 11:26:39 PM
Reply #10

sam of the south

Could not be more opposite.

I think it was one of the few places to elect a green candidate. Used to me known as the gay capital of the UK, might still be.

Yeah, it still is.

I used to live there. It's now turning into a scruffy seaside town suffering from under-investment.

Well, I've lived here all my life, and this is actually the least scruffy it's ever been.

I ran a gym on the beachfront, and I can tell you that the upkeep of the fascia of buildings in the face of the salt air is a pretty thankless task.

The council are cunts, though, and they squirrel a ton of cash away, particularly with the exhorbitant business rates and rents.
Henry David Thoreau