November 19, 2017, 06:39:47 PM

Author Topic: Brighton v Everton  (Read 10557 times)

October 15, 2017, 07:47:07 PM
Reply #210

Everton Mint

ha. judging them overall. not on this 10 mins. hard to believe you thought that...

Oh so you would've said that if they'd been battering us for the first 10m ?

October 15, 2017, 07:48:04 PM
Reply #211

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney dropping back to the half way line and offering nothing that can’t be done by other players.

October 15, 2017, 07:48:08 PM
Reply #212

kramer0

Here's what I don't understand about the 2 DM setup. Every week, Gana finds himself in areas in or around the final third where he needs to find a good forward pass and he doesn't have the skills to do that. The space is there but we're wasting those opportunities by giving them to a player who isn't good at moving the ball, especially in tight areas.

Why not drop one of Schneiderlin/Gana, ask the remaining DM to stay deep, and take a defensive downgrade at the open position to add quality in the final third? If we were to do a better job of keeping the ball in attacking areas, the defensive downgrade might not even matter.

October 15, 2017, 07:49:21 PM
Reply #213

Shogun

Administrator
We haven't started well. We've not even threatened their goal or created a proper chance.

20 minutes of two turgid teams with no real idea.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 15, 2017, 07:49:36 PM
Reply #214

Evertonian in NC

Here's what I don't understand about the 2 DM setup. Every week, Gana finds himself in areas in or around the final third where he needs to find a good forward pass and he doesn't have the skills to do that. The space is there but we're wasting those opportunities by giving them to a player who isn't good at moving the ball, especially in tight areas.

Why not drop one of Schneiderlin/Gana, ask the remaining DM to stay deep, and take a defensive downgrade at the open position to add quality in the final third? If we were to do a better job of keeping the ball in attacking areas, the defensive downgrade might not even matter.

Especially now that Jags has returned and we aren't a toddler fingerpainting in its own shit at the back.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 15, 2017, 07:49:52 PM
Reply #215

cantoffee

Good move that

October 15, 2017, 07:50:04 PM
Reply #216

Bally

Administrator
Good football
It's the roll I way

October 15, 2017, 07:50:12 PM
Reply #217

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Much better

October 15, 2017, 07:50:19 PM
Reply #218

Everton Mint

Better that, good stuff.

October 15, 2017, 07:50:31 PM
Reply #219

Bally

Administrator
Rooney has fucking lost it all by the way
It's the roll I way

October 15, 2017, 07:50:34 PM
Reply #220

Evertonian in NC

We haven't started well. We've not even threatened their goal or created a proper chance.

20 minutes of two turgid teams with no real idea.

This is also - by far - the most aggressive I've seen the SeaRats play since coming up.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 15, 2017, 07:51:18 PM
Reply #221

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Someone should’ve been on that cross, great corner from Sigurdsson.

October 15, 2017, 07:51:35 PM
Reply #222

cantoffee

It would make sense to drop one of them and move Sig back deeper if we want to accommodate both him and Rooney.

October 15, 2017, 07:52:41 PM
Reply #223

Evertonian in NC

It would make sense to drop one of them and move Sig back deeper if we want to accommodate both him and Rooney.

You could try Rooney there.  I'd rather Davies or Klaassen, but better than the charade of lone striker.

October 15, 2017, 07:53:47 PM
Reply #224

Lxxx

If Rooney can’t be disciplined enough to stay up top then their really is no point in playing him as a striker.