November 19, 2017, 10:26:10 PM

Author Topic: Everton XIs you would rather forget  (Read 1207 times)

October 09, 2017, 11:20:45 PM
Reply #15

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So was I, we got stuffed at Goodison quite a few times that season
Yup, the glory years of a junior blue season ticket

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

October 10, 2017, 12:13:24 AM
Reply #16

Macca77

Yup, the glory years of a junior blue season ticket

Haha yep, my and a few mates had junior season tickets for the lower gwladys that season, we used to get to the ground at 12.30 for a 3pm kick off, madness

October 10, 2017, 12:35:55 AM
Reply #17

Elgoodo1978

The one that lost to Boro 3-0 that time in the cup, around 2002 was pretty bad.

S Simonse
A Pistone
P Clarke
D Weir
A Stubbs
D Unsworth
T Linderoth  (N Alexandersson, ht)
P Gascoigne
S Gemmill  (J Blomqvist, 73')
T Radzinski
JM Moore

Good grief!

October 10, 2017, 01:00:16 AM
Reply #18

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Haha yep, my and a few mates had junior season tickets for the lower gwladys that season, we used to get to the ground at 12.30 for a 3pm kick off, madness
Was in the lower gwladys too... You could literally sit wherever you wanted

Simply simply lovely

October 10, 2017, 01:28:53 AM
Reply #19

Hesmenos

Everton 1 Aston Villa 4

Myhre
Ball
O'Kane
Watson
Short
Hutchison
Farrelly
Oster
Barmby
Spencer
Madar

Subs:
Gerrard
Dunne
McCann
Cadamarteri
Beagrie

Villa must have shat themselves when they saw that they would be up against the fearsome attacking partnership of Madar and Spencer.  lolol
This was the match where I realised that we were going to be relegated and in all fairness we should have been.

October 10, 2017, 09:52:32 PM
Reply #20

D15TIN

i went to this match lol, was fucking disgusting

Everton 1-4 Arsenal sunday 15th august 2007

Everton: Martyn, Pistone, Stubbs, Yobo, Naysmith, Osman, Gravesen, Carsley, Kilbane, Campbell, McFadden.
Subs: Wright, Watson, Bent, Ferguson, Hibbert.

Carsley  scored the best goal of the match tho.
That XI for the most part finished 4th ha

October 10, 2017, 09:58:09 PM
Reply #21

SANA_DR0

That XI for the most part finished 4th ha

lol, that 4th place team had Bent scoring a lot of goals, the one against Middlesborough  stands out, and against Chelsea.
also had Ferguson in the starting line up, Baines at left back, along with Jags i think..

lol i was just going on the performance that day lol
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 10, 2017, 09:59:47 PM
Reply #22

D15TIN

lol, that 4th place team had Bent scoring a lot of goals, the one against Middlesborough  stands out, and against Chelsea.
also had Ferguson in the starting line up, Baines at left back, along with Jags i think..

Baines & Jagielka didn't sign for another 3 years or so, think Pistone Weir Stubbs Hibbert was the back 4 for the majority of that season, making it even more remarkable

October 10, 2017, 10:11:34 PM
Reply #23

SANA_DR0

Baines & Jagielka didn't sign for another 3 years or so, think Pistone Weir Stubbs Hibbert was the back 4 for the majority of that season, making it even more remarkable

nope Baines and Jags both signed in 2007, the match i quoted was from 2007.

In July 2007, Baines rejected a move to Sunderland, after their bid of a reported 6 million was accepted by Wigan.[5] In the following month he signed for Everton for an initial fee of 5 million, with another 1 million in add-ons, dependent on Baines's appearances for Everton.[6][7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leighton_Baines

Jagielka eventually signed for Everton on 4 July 2007, in a deal worth 4 million on a five-year contract,[20] the highest amount ever paid for a Sheffield United player.[21] He made his home debut at Goodison Park on 31 July 2007 as a second-half substitute in a pre-season friendly against Werder Bremen, replacing Joseph Yobo in central defence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Jagielka

lol at them signing in 2010 lol. i recall them both not playing for the first 6 weeks of the season or so, even tho we got them in early. Moyes wanted to bring them in slowly.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 10, 2017, 11:37:19 PM
Reply #24

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Did bent get double figures?
Edit according to wiki he scored 7
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:40:44 PM by Jimmywhack »

Simply simply lovely

October 10, 2017, 11:43:48 PM
Reply #25

SANA_DR0

Did bent get double figures?
Edit according to wiki he scored 7

7 is a lot when people think your not premier ship worthy.

7 games in this season, i think we have 4? lol ;/

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 11, 2017, 01:06:15 AM
Reply #26

D15TIN

nope Baines and Jags both signed in 2007, the match i quoted was from 2007.

In July 2007, Baines rejected a move to Sunderland, after their bid of a reported 6 million was accepted by Wigan.[5] In the following month he signed for Everton for an initial fee of 5 million, with another 1 million in add-ons, dependent on Baines's appearances for Everton.[6][7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leighton_Baines

2007–2012
Jagielka eventually signed for Everton on 4 July 2007, in a deal worth 4 million on a five-year contract,[20] the highest amount ever paid for a Sheffield United player.[21] He made his home debut at Goodison Park on 31 July 2007 as a second-half substitute in a pre-season friendly against Werder Bremen, replacing Joseph Yobo in central defence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Jagielka

lol at them signing in 2010 lol. i recall them both not playing for the first 6 weeks of the season or so, even tho we got them in early. Moyes wanted to bring them in slowly.
The game you quoted was from 04/05 we lost 4-1 to arsenal, bent made his debut etc. Not 2007

October 11, 2017, 01:55:19 AM
Reply #27

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
7 is a lot when people think your not premier ship worthy.

7 games in this season, i think we have 4? lol ;/
It's not really tho is it
It's less than one in 5. Hardly "lots"

Simply simply lovely

October 11, 2017, 03:07:16 AM
Reply #28

blue slug

The one that lost to Boro 3-0 that time in the cup, around 2002 was pretty bad.

S Simonse
A Pistone
P Clarke
D Weir
A Stubbs
D Unsworth
T Linderoth  (N Alexandersson, ht)
P Gascoigne
S Gemmill  (J Blomqvist, 73')
T Radzinski
JM Moore

Ah the legendary pistone lol I don't know why but I actually liked him

October 11, 2017, 04:15:08 AM
Reply #29

toffee_scot

Remember our 1-0 defeat to BATE Borisov? To be fair our qualification to the next round was secured and at least Moyes was giving youth a chance for that game.

01 Nash
02 Hibbert (Shkodran Mustafi 76)
31 Coleman
34 Shane Duffy yellow card
36 Bidwell
21 Osman (Craig 81)
26 Rodwell (Akpan 8)
29 Forshaw
22 Yakubu
35 Agard
37 Baxter

Substitutes
24 Howard, 32 Garbutt, 43 Shkodran Mustafi, 39 Akpan, 40 McAleny, 44 Craig, 45 Nsiala