September 22, 2018, 06:47:01 PM

Author Topic: Ashley Williams  (Read 13344 times)

October 10, 2017, 07:11:03 PM
Read 13344 times

Ross

He was never good enough and made these sort of mistakes at Swansea they were just brushed over because it’s “only Swansea” and they’re not very good defensively(erm hello!!).

Some of our squad building over the last 18 months has been poor given the money we’ve been spending. Thats one thing Koeman or Walsh won’t be able to complain about if they get the sack soon as they’ve certainly been given enough backing.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 10, 2017, 10:52:20 PM
Reply #1

Ross

I've only seen Williams play well for Wales.. he had some heroic performances for them, but im basing that mostly off of the Euros, as i didnt watch much Wales or Swansea before that, i did feel his age would be an issue.

In regards to trasnfers, Walsh has bought/looked for young players, who have come into the under 23 setup or gone out on loan.. for that i cant fault him. Regardles Koeman wanted certain players Giroud, Martina, Siggy, Schneiderlin.. those are players Koeman should be able to mold and use, or atleast work with to improve.
I like what Walsh has done, i dont like what Koeman has done. (he needs to utalize the players who where on form and playing well last year, in there correct positions, or give players with some heart, who look like they go out and enjoy the game.. thats mostly youngsters, the older heads look like they have no confidence and whatever Koeman has tried with them, hasnt worked at all)

Yeah he had a good tournament for Wales but most of them did didn’t they? It didn’t make him good enough for us and where we want to get to. It was terrible management to sell the most highly rated young English centrehalf in the league for a lot of money and replace him with a 31 year old who’s never been near the top of the game and always been part of porous defences. Especially as we already had a superior experienced defender here on the books. We should have looked for someone in their mid twenties reaching their peak who had the potential to make that step up here.

The general squad building probably deserves its own thread though but it does look like two influential people working at crossed purposes.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 10, 2017, 11:17:31 PM
Reply #2

Ross

He's been good for Wales since he started, not just in the Euros. And @penguinofdoom1878 might be able to correct me but I don't know a single Swansea fan who was happy to see him leave. So you can slag him off for us all you like, but I know your actual knowledge of him over a long period of time is limited to a few appearances on Sky

There’s a massive difference between being “good enough” for Swansea and “good enough” for Everton.

They’ve never had a season in the premier league we’re the didn’t conceded 50 goals or more, doesn’t say much for this great leader of their defence I’d suggest.

October 10, 2017, 11:37:20 PM
Reply #3

Ross

Nothing like a bit of inverted snobbery is there? So does the same apply to Pickford, Keane and anyone else we've signed from a 'lower' club? It should if you're being consistent, but then those two haven't been the mainstay of their national team for a number of years yet

Of course not.

They’ve got higher potential and time on their sides to fulfil it that’s why both have been bought by a bigger club with higher expectations.

October 11, 2017, 12:10:58 AM
Reply #4

Ross

but that's not what you said. You said he wasn't good enough at Swansea or for Wales (which are both wrong). The fact he hasn't worked out is surprising and one we just have to accept. Ow and focus on replacing him in the January window

I’ve not said he wasn’t good enough for Wales. He clearly is after playing 80 odd games, but when the likes of James Collins, Sam Ricketts or Danny Gabbidon are you’re main rivals it’s no surprise.

He’s also plenty good enough for Swansea, as you said their fans hold him in high regard, it’s about standards and what you’re used to. Ours are higher than there’s, it’s that simple.

October 11, 2017, 05:13:35 PM
Reply #5

Ross

Hang on.. mine is getting a bit clearer. I can't see the manager's face clearly but whoever it is keeps repeating "Well OK" in a foreign accent.

Sounds like it might be a watered down version of Koeman..

October 20, 2017, 04:39:36 AM
Reply #6

Ross

He’s a liability time and again from a pure football perspective and now his heads carried and he’s mentally weak.

October 20, 2017, 06:06:37 PM
Reply #7

Ross

A fan is a fan. You can't control the actions of 30 odd thousand people, or legislate for every one of them.

Ashley Williams, on the other hand, is an embarrassment. Lost his head completely, as a senior player, and should've been given a red. I find it a bit ridiculous that anyone's defending him.

He’s great for Wales..

October 20, 2017, 06:35:54 PM
Reply #8

Ross

You used to be a really good poster, who would make relevant contributions. All that's missing from that post is the rolling eyes emoji. What happened to you?

If Williams was Scottish or French or Chinese, anything other than Welsh there’s no way you’d trying to offer any defence of him.

He’s indefensible and it’s getting worse and you’re excuses are getting worse.