December 10, 2018, 04:47:50 AM

Author Topic: Ashley Williams  (Read 15152 times)

October 10, 2017, 09:52:19 PM
Read 15152 times

SANA_DR0

He was never good enough and made these sort of mistakes at Swansea they were just brushed over because it’s “only Swansea” and they’re not very good defensively(erm hello!!).

Some of our squad building over the last 18 months has been poor given the money we’ve been spending. Thats one thing Koeman or Walsh won’t be able to complain about if they get the sack soon as they’ve certainly been given enough backing.

I've only seen Williams play well for Wales.. he had some heroic performances for them, but im basing that mostly off of the Euros, as i didnt watch much Wales or Swansea before that, i did feel his age would be an issue.

In regards to trasnfers, Walsh has bought/looked for young players, who have come into the under 23 setup or gone out on loan.. for that i cant fault him. Regardles Koeman wanted certain players Giroud, Martina, Siggy, Schneiderlin.. those are players Koeman should be able to mold and use, or atleast work with to improve.
I like what Walsh has done, i dont like what Koeman has done. (he needs to utalize the players who where on form and playing well last year, in there correct positions, or give players with some heart, who look like they go out and enjoy the game.. thats mostly youngsters, the older heads look like they have no confidence and whatever Koeman has tried with them, hasnt worked at all)
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 10, 2017, 10:08:51 PM
Reply #1

SANA_DR0

Bring Feeney in

lol he's 18 1/2.. people moan about youngsters.. Kenny, Lookman, they also didnt even want DCL in the team.. lol

i wouldnt mind Holgate and Keane in the middle.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 10, 2017, 10:22:43 PM
Reply #2

SANA_DR0

Koeman can barely hide his disdain for attacking players who give the ball away but he likes Ashley Williams.

Kind of amusing. Not that he has a lot of choice at centre back, mind you.

Rhyno would be better than Williams at centre back  :bonk:
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 10, 2017, 11:39:25 PM
Reply #3

SANA_DR0

Of course not.

They’ve got higher potential and time on their sides to fulfil it that’s why both have been bought by a bigger club with higher expectations.

and most likely will leave us for bigger clubs in the future.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 10, 2017, 11:56:55 PM
Reply #4

SANA_DR0

...and if they do attract the even bigger clubs, it will because they are performing well at Everton and if sold, it will be for a very tidy profit.

indeed thats what i was eluding too, unlike Williams who we bought when he was on the downhill... but it was in regards to Brownie20's post regarding Williams and snobbery... the big difference is, these players are younger and will improve as they get older, while when you buy a 30 + year old., its very unlikely they will peak with you or even get better.

just cos Distin did it, (who always took care of his fitness) unlike someone who looks like he should be a boxing trainer.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:06:14 AM by SANA_DR0 »
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 11, 2017, 12:28:25 AM
Reply #5

SANA_DR0

I agree with the potential part but when someone says stuff like 'what's good enough for Swansea is not good enough for us' is the same thing we have criticised other fans for when talking about our players joining them. How many said the same about a crocked Peter Reid when he signed? Or Andy Gray? How many were fuming when we signed an aged Richard Gough? The point I'm trying to make is that clubs of all levels produce very good players who should not be written off simply because they play for XY or Z. No one could have predicted Williams' Form would deteriorate so rapidly since signing for us. When it was first mooted that Stones was going to be sold, many on here were happy to be linked with him. We signed him a year too late.

I agree on the first part,  but selling Stones with Williams being the main defender we bought in, was pretty bad for the team.. We offered 50 million for that Napoli defender (so Moshiri stated) but Mosh didnt want to pay the asking price of 60m.
We shouldnt have relied on solely Williams being the main CB we bought in that season, I think he;s a decent squad player, but he shouldnt have been bought in playing every match.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 11, 2017, 01:22:20 AM
Reply #6

SANA_DR0

How do you find out if an 18 year old is good/not good enough to play in the Premiership?

If you don't play them at 18 just because of their age, ie, they are good enough - that is discrimination

Racism was mentioned on another topic and like age, sex, religion and disability, is a protected characteristic

Racism has also been mentioned in the new today, to do with socio economics and football in general.

but all isms are fucked... especially if you follow/believe in those isms.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 20, 2017, 04:32:08 AM
Reply #7

SANA_DR0

probably the best i've seen him play for us this season..

few matches ago i said he looked like a boxer.. got some punches in tonight.. thought he was going to be sent off..
that push on the keeper was a yellow, plus the other shit he did, weak referring.. but we got a goal for it..
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....