November 24, 2017, 11:56:02 AM

Author Topic: Ashley Williams  (Read 6602 times)

October 12, 2017, 12:22:06 AM
Reply #90

Mayor Farnum

I think we all agree that he's not great but I think he is better than he's been showing. I think it's time to draw a line now and get behind him. It may just be the boost he needs to get into some decent or at least reliable form.

deCoubertin

October 12, 2017, 12:24:06 AM
Reply #91

BlueForYou

Good post - and the same goes for Colonel Koeman
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 12, 2017, 01:32:49 AM
Reply #92

Coyb12

I think we all agree that he's not great but I think he is better than he's been showing. I think it's time to draw a line now and get behind him. It may just be the boost he needs to get into some decent or at least reliable form.
He is an absolute disaster waiting to happen,utter dross and should not play again.

October 12, 2017, 02:03:16 AM
Reply #93

The Analog Kid

I canít remember whether it was the Burnley game or the Ireland game just after either had scored, but the look on his face and in his eyes just resembled that of a man whoís at his lowest. I remember Stones getting abuse from the crowd one game, more than usual, and his confidence went to shit, he just looked like he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him at the time.

October 12, 2017, 02:21:45 AM
Reply #94

oscar

We donít get behind the team at all, just sit round waiting to have a moan.
Donít even sing the Seamus Coleman song any more our support is embarrassing

October 12, 2017, 02:24:28 AM
Reply #95

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I canít remember whether it was the Burnley game or the Ireland game just after either had scored, but the look on his face and in his eyes just resembled that of a man whoís at his lowest. I remember Stones getting abuse from the crowd one game, more than usual, and his confidence went to shit, he just looked like he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him at the time.

Definitely- and the worse thing is that Wales has probably been his sanctuary at the moment and he has been playing well for us. He's only partially at fault hit the goal on Monday - Wayne Hennessy must take his share.There's also allegations that Robbie Brady head butted him off the ball prior to the goal. His reaction to losing the ball may have been a result or not. I feel for him at the moment, I really do. To see the man who has lead my country so well over the past few years reduced to a shell and to see some of the comments about him make me sad. The only thing I am truly critical of him was not staying on the pitch to applaud the fans on Monday.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 12, 2017, 02:34:47 AM
Reply #96

The Analog Kid

Definitely- and the worse thing is that Wales has probably been his sanctuary at the moment and he has been playing well for us. He's only partially at fault hit the goal on Monday - Wayne Hennessy must take his share.There's also allegations that Robbie Brady head butted him off the ball prior to the goal. His reaction to losing the ball may have been a result or not. I feel for him at the moment, I really do. To see the man who has lead my country so well over the past few years reduced to a shell and to see some of the comments about him make me sad. The only thing I am truly critical of him was not staying on the pitch to applaud the fans on Monday.

Iím hoping the World Cup loss doesnít affect him further going into the next lot of fixtures. A win against Ireland wouldíve been magnificent for his confidence but that shit is hard to take for anyone.

Hopefully the break has done all our non-playing players a bit of good and we get up and running Sunday.

October 12, 2017, 03:17:26 AM
Reply #97

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mad and I'd probably immediately regret it the first time he swung one of those wild legs up and completely missed a ball dropping over his shoulder, but I'd have Mori over Williams sure.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 12, 2017, 03:52:13 AM
Reply #98

Shogun

Administrator
I'd have Besic over Ashley Williams.

The bloke is making a major mistake every single game.

The only thing I can say in his favour is that it's Koeman's fault for selecting him.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 12, 2017, 12:01:07 PM
Reply #99

blue1948

But thats a myth that you dont know what they can do until they play, we dont know because thats where we get to see them. If we could see them in training every day we would have a much better idea of if a young player was ready and I'm sure there are plenty of the u23 squad we could look at and say that player isnt good enough/ready to play for the first team without them getting first team minutes. There is a massive clamour for Lookman to play, if we saw him train and not look ready there might be more of a feeling that he isnt good enough yet. (theoretical if that is the reason why he isnt playing of course..) And that is before you look at what they are doing in u23 games themselves.

There is an element of you dont know for sure and people might surprise you when they get picked, as I'm sure Davies surprised Koeman when he got his chance last year. But you are implying the only way of knowing if a young player is ready is by playing them, which is wrong.

Also how many players play in the premier league 16/17? It is very rare that players get played at that age because they need to physically able to cope as much as anything. Plus the point about Davies as I said it is easier for managers to use young players in midfield or attack than it is at centre half as shown by Davies coming off the bench a fair bit before getting the regular spot he did last season. At centre half you dont get those opportunities to get some minutes, impress and eventually get a chance to start some games.

And the point about plenty of 16-17 in the lower leagues, probably easier to loan him out and get some league experience rather than just throw him into the premier league in a tough position. You see people like Galloway who is of a decent level gets loaned out to the championship rather than stick him and see how he does here.
You are a one for twisting words -I said that the only way to be sure is when they are on the pitch -Of course that applies for all players and is indisputable ask Sandro or Claasen ,both of whom I have the greatest admiration for and am sure that they will both come good .So you don't try to twist my words again ,the management can be pretty sure the players are not ready but never sure that they are .

October 12, 2017, 12:31:26 PM
Reply #100

Toddacelli

Yard dog.

Not heard that in years but it is exactly what my dad would have said and I heard it in his voice when I read it. Thanks for the warm fuzzies  :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 12, 2017, 12:53:03 PM
Reply #101

Toddacelli

Besic and Fumo both better options for me.

Or we could play them together and possiby finish the game with no CB's on the pitch?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 12, 2017, 03:10:57 PM
Reply #102

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You are a one for twisting words -I said that the only way to be sure is when they are on the pitch -Of course that applies for all players and is indisputable ask Sandro or Claasen ,both of whom I have the greatest admiration for and am sure that they will both come good .So you don't try to twist my words again ,the management can be pretty sure the players are not ready but never sure that they are .

I don't get your point you know, are you saying throw him in he might be ready and there's no way to know unless he's in there?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 12, 2017, 07:01:58 PM
Reply #103

Bluenose 91

Williams at the very least can defend quite well.  It's his distribution that's led to a lot of his recent mistakes. 

He is shite Williams like don't get me wrong but Funes Mori is genuinely woeful at every aspect of defending and football in general for this level.

Horrible player.

October 12, 2017, 08:43:48 PM
Reply #104

bigmanbob

Imagine if we had Fumes Mori  and Besic centre back, it would be highly entertaining carnage