November 20, 2017, 06:02:57 PM

Author Topic: Ashley Williams  (Read 6388 times)

October 20, 2017, 07:21:18 PM
Reply #165

Rodenplav64

So you wouldn't have watched football in the 70s and 80s then?

I did and I don't like the fanny behaviour and theatrical antics but there is a massive difference in someone taking out your £50 million investment for the season . Better or worse the game has changed . As for the difference in the sports just look at what you get charged by the FA for in respect of violent conduct compared to what the RFU turn a blind eye to .

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 07:22:18 PM
Reply #166

KoemansNumberTens

I don't care if he is Welsh or passionate as he is purely and simply not good enough to be playing at Everton . If you like physicality watch boxing as I don't want to watch anyone getting smashed on a sports field . Rugby players should be charged with ABH every time they smash someone in a way that would see me or you down the local plod shop .

You might very well be right. If we are listing all the players that aren't good enough to play for a successful Everton we'll be left with about 4 and 2 of them might come back from long term injury half the players they were

People's problem with what Williams did last night is mainly that it was Williams. He's on the list now. Doesn't matter how he plays it's his fault. He even gets the blame for Keane being shit most weeks

October 20, 2017, 07:25:48 PM
Reply #167

The Analog Kid

I hope he plays a blinder Sunday.

Not really arsed what he did to their keeper to spark it all off, some of their players were little shithouses, lying down every two minutes fuckin crying.

October 20, 2017, 07:31:29 PM
Reply #168

Rodenplav64

You might very well be right. If we are listing all the players that aren't good enough to play for a successful Everton we'll be left with about 4 and 2 of them might come back from long term injury half the players they were

People's problem with what Williams did last night is mainly that it was Williams. He's on the list now. Doesn't matter how he plays it's his fault. He even gets the blame for Keane being shit most weeks

He was poor signing and is playing poorly most weeks . Everyone is being hindered by Koeman though and none more so than the defence who are swapped about with alarming regularity . However , if he can't get it right with his team then the next man in has a load of shite on his plate . At least Williams is out of contract at the end of the season .

October 20, 2017, 07:32:32 PM
Reply #169

Rodenplav64

Not really arsed what he did to their keeper to spark it all off, some of their players were little shithouses, lying down every two minutes fuckin crying.

I hope he is not even in the squad .

October 20, 2017, 07:34:19 PM
Reply #170

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I did and I don't like the fanny behaviour and theatrical antics but there is a massive difference in someone taking out your £50 million investment for the season . Better or worse the game has changed . As for the difference in the sports just look at what you get charged by the FA for in respect of violent conduct compared to what the RFU turn a blind eye to .

Without getting into a rugby debate there is plenty of retrospective punishment dished out in rugby for incidents of foul play. And to just show that rugby players do get punished for acts of violence on the pitch the below link is from a game I played in, with my mate being the one who went down

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/it-hard-punch--just-2152148.amp
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 20, 2017, 07:35:17 PM
Reply #171

KoemansNumberTens

I hope he is not even in the squad .

Rather than him playing really well?

October 20, 2017, 07:35:40 PM
Reply #172

Evertonian in NC

Yes he should've been by today's standards, but he wasn't. Just put yourself in his shoes for a moment. He's had a mare of a season, he's been criticised by his fan base on a regular basis and he's just played a part in costing his national team a chance to get to a WC. He knows how important this game is, he's become frustrated at the tactics of the opposition. Sometimes your head goes. I've done things like that on a rugby pitch in high pressure games. We're all human. We've asked for the players to show a bit of passion, they have. If Mo Besic or Gana had done it I'd support them too. Now let's see if there's a reaction against Arsenal

It was a "desperate times call for desperate measures" kind of action.  It was a REALLY big gamble, and had he been sent off, nobody could have complained.  But he didn't do anything that could have really injured anyone, or ruined somebody's livelihood.  I don't think it crosses those kind of lines.  He just did something desperate, to try to save this team, and inject life into the corpse.  Knowing he would be slated for it.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 20, 2017, 07:36:13 PM
Reply #173

claimabstract

We were down at that point, with only a goal difference and thus a chance to get back in the game, and he did it without the distraction of open play, when the officials had nothing else to look at. Apart from being reckless when the keeper was so close to the edge of the pitch, it was plain stupid. We could have been down a player. Not behaviour deserving of captaincy.

October 20, 2017, 07:38:41 PM
Reply #174

Rodenplav64

Without getting into a rugby debate there is plenty of retrospective punishment dished out in rugby for incidents of foul play. And to just show that rugby players do get punished for acts of violence on the pitch the below link is from a game I played in, with my mate being the one who went down

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/it-hard-punch--just-2152148.amp

Like I say I can't stand fanny antics but your mate deserved to go down end of .

October 20, 2017, 07:38:41 PM
Reply #175

claimabstract

But he didn't do anything that could have really injured anyone, or ruined somebody's livelihood.

I disagree. He did it near the edge of the pitch where the level drops. The keeper could have readily done in his ankle or his knee, or gotten a concussion. Such a push ended my dad's career.

October 20, 2017, 07:40:29 PM
Reply #176

Rodenplav64

Rather than him playing really well?

Put someone else in who might also play well .

October 20, 2017, 07:52:04 PM
Reply #177

The Analog Kid

Thereís some proper fuckin haters on ere isnít there?

October 20, 2017, 07:59:33 PM
Reply #178

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Like I say I can't stand fanny antics but your mate deserved to go down end of .

i gave evidence in that trial. Dirtiest game I have ever played in. Canton turned up with the intention of doing nothing but fighting. They couldn't live with us as a rugby team. He was only on the pitch as a substitute for me. I got gouged in the first half and twatted from behind at a ruck. I was taken off to stop myself getting sent off as I'd had the coward who hit me by the throat and would have probably killed him. My mate was involved in a scuffle. He was tackled off the ball and the guy jumped on top of him and rained down punches. It took three of us to drag him off. As he walked off he ran back at Him and shouted 'Hve some more of this you fat cunt!' He hit him. It was just one of those punches that connected too perfectly. Sickening sound when it happened. He was devastated but the guy actually apologises to Paul and said that he deserved it as he was the antagonist. The trial was really bad, some of the stuff that was given as evidence was just pure lies. Don't get me wrong though  he did deserve to go down.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 20, 2017, 08:06:31 PM
Reply #179

Rodenplav64

There’s some proper fuckin haters on ere isn’t there?

Some very sensitive people you mean . There are also some grammar pedants but that is another story . I will end my Ashley Williams contribution by saying I stand by what I have said of him .