December 12, 2018, 11:07:15 AM

Author Topic: Ashley Williams  (Read 15220 times)

October 20, 2017, 05:53:20 PM
Reply #15

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
A fan is a fan. You can't control the actions of 30 odd thousand people, or legislate for every one of them.

Ashley Williams, on the other hand, is an embarrassment. Lost his head completely, as a senior player, and should've been given a red. I find it a bit ridiculous that anyone's defending him.

Yes he should've been by today's standards, but he wasn't. Just put yourself in his shoes for a moment. He's had a mare of a season, he's been criticised by his fan base on a regular basis and he's just played a part in costing his national team a chance to get to a WC. He knows how important this game is, he's become frustrated at the tactics of the opposition. Sometimes your head goes. I've done things like that on a rugby pitch in high pressure games. We're all human. We've asked for the players to show a bit of passion, they have. If Mo Besic or Gana had done it I'd support them too. Now let's see if there's a reaction against Arsenal
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 20, 2017, 06:31:57 PM
Reply #16

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
He’s great for Wales..

You used to be a really good poster, who would make relevant contributions. All that's missing from that post is the rolling eyes emoji. What happened to you?

October 20, 2017, 06:43:47 PM
Reply #17

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
If Williams was Scottish or French or Chinese, anything other than Welsh there’s no way you’d trying to offer any defence of him.

He’s indefensible and it’s getting worse and you’re excuses are getting worse.

Really? You know that for a fact do you? You go through every post I've ever posted on here and find me an example of me ever doing anything other than supporting someone in a Blue shirt even when they are playing badly. I'll save you the time though - you won't find them. I have said he's playing badly for us on a number of occasions, but I've also said that he's playing well for Wales. However, after his part in the mistake that led to the Ireland goal I criticised him for that. In regards to last night's incident, as I have said, I would have supported any of our players who did that. I'll even put it out there now - I hate the fact that the physical aspect has gone out of football. I want to see players smash each other up and not get sent off over it. I want a mixture of the grace and skill with the power. What can I say? I'm a guy who likes physicality, I would've been right in the middle of that last night.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:06:29 PM by Brownie20 »

October 20, 2017, 06:54:44 PM
Reply #18

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
When?

It was a Tuesday I think, about 4 years ago

October 20, 2017, 07:07:17 PM
Reply #19

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Williams played well last night. He had a hand in their second goal and there was the fracas he was involved in. He played with a passion though, it's something we've been sadly lacking. If it hadn't have been for the two negative aspects of the game he was involved in, he would have been my outfield player MOM, hands down.

Careful, you will be accused of being a biased Welshman in a minute 😉

October 20, 2017, 07:13:27 PM
Reply #20

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I don't care if he is Welsh or passionate as he is purely and simply not good enough to be playing at Everton . If you like physicality watch boxing as I don't want to watch anyone getting smashed on a sports field . Rugby players should be charged with ABH every time they smash someone in a way that would see me or you down the local plod shop .

So you wouldn't have watched football in the 70s and 80s then?

October 20, 2017, 07:34:19 PM
Reply #21

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I did and I don't like the fanny behaviour and theatrical antics but there is a massive difference in someone taking out your £50 million investment for the season . Better or worse the game has changed . As for the difference in the sports just look at what you get charged by the FA for in respect of violent conduct compared to what the RFU turn a blind eye to .

Without getting into a rugby debate there is plenty of retrospective punishment dished out in rugby for incidents of foul play. And to just show that rugby players do get punished for acts of violence on the pitch the below link is from a game I played in, with my mate being the one who went down

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/it-hard-punch--just-2152148.amp

October 20, 2017, 07:59:33 PM
Reply #22

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Like I say I can't stand fanny antics but your mate deserved to go down end of .

i gave evidence in that trial. Dirtiest game I have ever played in. Canton turned up with the intention of doing nothing but fighting. They couldn't live with us as a rugby team. He was only on the pitch as a substitute for me. I got gouged in the first half and twatted from behind at a ruck. I was taken off to stop myself getting sent off as I'd had the coward who hit me by the throat and would have probably killed him. My mate was involved in a scuffle. He was tackled off the ball and the guy jumped on top of him and rained down punches. It took three of us to drag him off. As he walked off he ran back at Him and shouted 'Hve some more of this you fat cunt!' He hit him. It was just one of those punches that connected too perfectly. Sickening sound when it happened. He was devastated but the guy actually apologises to Paul and said that he deserved it as he was the antagonist. The trial was really bad, some of the stuff that was given as evidence was just pure lies. Don't get me wrong though  he did deserve to go down.

October 21, 2017, 04:11:49 AM
Reply #23

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
It's true.

He can't play football and he can't defend.

Still fawning over Besic and Schenderlin? Do me a favour.

Probably one of those types to delight in AW but revel in hating on Lookman.

Who on here hates on Lookman?

October 21, 2017, 04:13:02 AM
Reply #24

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
love Williams me

Hahaha I'm not surprised

October 21, 2017, 06:50:54 PM
Reply #25

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Said it here before, watching Brighton and Ireland, we should never have let Shane Duffy go
We let him go and brought in Alcaraz.............
And now we are stuck with this lump AW, and Duffy is like a young John Bloody Terry down at Brighton
BRIGHTON!

If he was so good why is he still at Brighton? BRIGHTON?

October 22, 2017, 11:28:32 PM
Reply #26

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
An awful player completely out of his depth. Did you go today? How can you say he was decent?

Bit hard for him to go living in Canada