November 18, 2017, 06:17:52 PM

Author Topic: Players we shouldnt have let go  (Read 3835 times)

October 12, 2017, 12:39:16 AM
Reply #105

Faceatthefence

Ex Evertonian ball boy McMahon did eventually go on to win things and earnt a few England caps along the way

If Kendall had managed to sign Bryan Robson in 1981, McMahon may well have stayed

Just think - probably no Reid and Bracewell

Funny ol' game, Saint!

Get well, Greavsie
We did quite a bit of trading with The Villa in 70,s 80,s along with Mc mahon we took John Gidman,Keown and sent Big Ken McNaught (broke me that one)opposite direction.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

deCoubertin

October 12, 2017, 01:12:29 AM
Reply #106

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Should've given Steve Watson a one year extension.

October 12, 2017, 01:20:04 AM
Reply #107

BlueForYou

Yes, Ken McNaught - shouldn't have let him go
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 12, 2017, 06:47:32 AM
Reply #108

BlueMaquis

Deulofeu. Okay, he had his flaws but wouldn't he have provided something we don't have at the moment? I'd even try him up front. Most likely his confidence would have plummeted under Koeman and his potential to beat a man and get past defences would be useless. Or maybe not.

October 12, 2017, 12:25:54 PM
Reply #109

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Pienaar the first time to Spurs. Why sell the only player who ever made Baines good. And Baines was bloody brilliant but only when Pienaar played.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 12, 2017, 01:07:05 PM
Reply #110

Toddacelli

Im actually laughing at some of the names in this thread, Duffy, Dunne and Drenthe, fucking seriously? Behave yourselves

Absolutely. Ridiculous. Some people need to sort theselves out!

Anyway. My contribution - Stracqualrsi!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 12, 2017, 04:02:16 PM
Reply #111

Django

NSNO Subscriber

October 12, 2017, 04:02:54 PM
Reply #112

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Lee Carsley and Steve Watson should of gotten extensions the summer they were released. But we gave Phil Neville a 2 year one instead.

October 12, 2017, 05:36:53 PM
Reply #113

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Lee Carsley and Steve Watson should of gotten extensions the summer they were released. But we gave Phil Neville a 2 year one instead.

Carsle turned it down
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 12, 2017, 06:07:28 PM
Reply #114

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Carsle turned it down
Coz he wanted 2 instead of 1 wasn't it?

Fair request that from one of our best performers. Stitched that team together.

October 12, 2017, 06:08:20 PM
Reply #115

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Coz he wanted 2 instead of 1 wasn't it?

Fair request that from one of our best performers. Stitched that team together.

Yeah I think it was.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 13, 2017, 12:44:42 AM
Reply #116

bacon sarnie

Duncan McKenzie.

October 13, 2017, 08:38:38 AM
Reply #117

Tony Clifton

Deulofeu. Okay, he had his flaws but wouldn't he have provided something we don't have at the moment? I'd even try him up front. Most likely his confidence would have plummeted under Koeman and his potential to beat a man and get past defences would be useless. Or maybe not.

You wouldn't catch Manny Fernandes doing some such, I'm sure...  ;D

October 13, 2017, 04:58:36 PM
Reply #118

BlueNoseMike

Think this all just highlights we've been very good at mostly not letting players go too early (apart from those wanting to leave which is out of our hands to a certain extent).

Imagine being Chelsea, let a shit ton of players go too early, as have a few of the top teams.

Maybe that's played a factor in us not letting players go too early, we didn't have the stature or finances to go out and replace with better.

Would be interesting to see a thread asking the opposite - are there any players we kept on for too long?

I think this list will be considerably longer for most, and again boils down to not having the finances to replace earlier.

October 13, 2017, 05:20:26 PM
Reply #119

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I was gutted when Deulofeu went, but we didn't let him go did we. We had absolutely no say in the matter.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"