November 22, 2017, 08:31:34 PM

Author Topic: Some random EFC news.  (Read 612 times)

October 13, 2017, 12:04:36 AM
Read 612 times

SANA_DR0

Suggestions that Nigeria international Ahmed Musa could be joining Everton in the January transfer window in the event that they fail to recall Henry Onyekuru from R.S.C. Anderlecht are wide of the mark.

While a temporary or permanent departure from the Foxes can't be ruled out in its entirety, the Toffees are not one of the teams that have made contact with Musa and his minders.

When contacted to confirm the reports, a source privy to the situation of the former CSKA Moscow star simply told allnigeriasoccer.com : ''It is not true Musa is joining Everton, they have not approached him, Leicester City and his agent''.

Everton are known to be in the market for a top striker following the departure of Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United in the summer transfer window.

Of the 20 teams in the Premier League, the Ronald Koeman-led side have the third worst attack with only four goals scored.

Musa scored both goals as Leicester City beat Everton 2-1 in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup back in January.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24990

Everton are reportedly set to battle it out with rivals Liverpool for Rosenborg's teenage midfielder Olaus Jair Skarsem.

The Norway Under-19 star made his first-team debut for Rosenborg last year and he has impressed in the UEFA Youth league this year which has brought him to the attention of clubs in the Premier League.

The Toffees have now been credited with an interest but they are likely to face plenty of competition from Premier League and Merseyside rivals Liverpool, while West Ham are also thought to be keen.

A move in the New Year could be on the cards but Skarsem is adamant that the only interest he knows of is from the media.

"I don't really have much to say about the [reports], I know as much as anyone else who has read the articles," he said.

"It's nice to be linked with big clubs, but there is very little concrete so it's not something I can consider."

https://www.clubcall.com/everton/toffees-line-up-teen-midfielder-swoop-1865515.html

Player’s claims over Everton transfer ‘softened’ in management talks, tricky situation for ego

The Spanish media simply refuse to let go of Thomas Vermaelen’s incorrect, as they see it, claims about a Barcelona exit and a move to Everton being blocked.

During the international break, Vermaelen told Belgium’s DH: “The board told me they needed four centre-backs. I didn’t have a choice but to stay. Clubs tried until the very last day, like Everton, but it was impossible. I wasn’t even able to negotiate.”

Everton’s only option, so the same for other clubs, would have been to pay the Belgian’s €80m release clause. This all led to raised eyebrows in the Spanish media, where it’s well known a move would have been entertained during the summer window, and likely will be again in January, and then next summer if Vermaelen stays where he is.

All the major Spanish sport newspapers have rubbished the comments, and talked up the idea that, should Ronald Koeman want him in January, then a move to Everton wouldn’t be blocked beyond reason. Or a move anywhere else for that matter.

Marca touch on the comments once again in their Thursday edition, and say Vermaelen has contacted Barcelona’s management and ‘softened’ what he said in Belgium. Once again, Marca say Vermalen ‘did not present a serious offer to leave’ during the summer window.

This likely all boils down to ego, understandable ego rather than the flashy variety. Vermaelen was hardly going to admit there’d been a vacuum of interest, and so Everton’s interest was probably talked up to be more than it was.

totally relieved that we avoided  Vermaelen and Giroud, would have hated to have them here. Koemans track record on old players is pretty poor.

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

deCoubertin

October 13, 2017, 12:11:56 AM
Reply #1

mikey_blue

Always liked Musa, because of his exploits on football manager and FIFA. But he doesn't look up to it in the prem, his pace is counteracted by his stature, seems to be easily pushed off the ball. Unless it's against us, obviously.

Don't know the Norway kid. Hope we get him and he's boss.

Vermaelen is shite, and always injured. Just buy some young hotshot. We don't need cover at LB anymore, we need a new starter. (I love baines, but we need more athleticism in the team) I'd have a punt at Luke Shaw, Gaya or go balls out for Grimaldo (scouting totally based on FM and Fifa)

October 13, 2017, 01:02:23 AM
Reply #2

MmmBlueRamirez

Grimaldo? Sounds like a load of old Jarginho.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 13, 2017, 01:03:18 AM
Reply #3

Macca77

Very random indeed

October 13, 2017, 01:18:54 AM
Reply #4

GrantyBoy78

Leicester’s 7th choice striker. NSNO.

October 13, 2017, 01:54:02 AM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Leicester's 7th choice striker. NSNO.
Leicester have 7 strikers?

Simply simply lovely

October 13, 2017, 02:19:30 AM
Reply #6

SANA_DR0

Leicester have 7 strikers?

thats 5 more than us.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 13, 2017, 02:32:47 AM
Reply #7

Tony Clifton