November 24, 2017, 02:38:50 AM

Author Topic: Koeman linked with Everton exit  (Read 3289 times)

October 13, 2017, 08:43:47 PM
Reply #15

bacon sarnie

I can see it happening -

Koeman @ Holland, Moyes @ Scotland and Martinez @ (world champions!) Belgium

Didn't Billy Bingham manage N. Ireland?

deCoubertin

October 13, 2017, 08:49:14 PM
Reply #16

blue1948

Didn't Billy Bingham manage N. Ireland?
In the broadest sense of the word -Yes

October 13, 2017, 08:52:23 PM
Reply #17

bacon sarnie

In the broadest sense of the word -Yes

Good old Billy. Should have been on The Comedians.

October 13, 2017, 08:53:08 PM
Reply #18

Waltzer

He totally dismissed the Holland job at today's press conference. Not even in the future.

Totally committed to Everton.

As I said previously I could never understand what the appeal would be for him, he'd have massive expectations placed on him with a squad that is void of any talent. They're even further back than England which is saying something.

Im glad hes committed to us and determined to push forward

October 13, 2017, 09:11:54 PM
Reply #19

arteta4spain

Maybe the good thing to come out of him dismissing this is that the clamour for him to leave is increasing. Hopefully this could give him a jolt and buck his ideas up. I doubt it like! Apparently Sigurdsson has said in the press it's a season defining week with Brighton, Lyon and Arsenal.
I think the players are aware of the pressure they are under. They need to stand up and be counted. The manager also. I'm just under the impression he's not trying hard enough.

October 13, 2017, 09:14:16 PM
Reply #20

blue1948

I don't know what the issue with loyalty is ,he has said that his family love the supporters ,he loves the job ( well you know what I mean) when it is going well ,I have utmost confidence in him ,this really is just a blip .No one could guess what has transpired -yes it is easy to knit pick now but who would know that so many players would take the time they are to settle ,I have every confidence in the new players.The thing that pisses me off is not him it is that the shite really are and the first chance we get to rub their noses -we are worse !

October 13, 2017, 09:15:15 PM
Reply #21

blue1948

Maybe the good thing to come out of him dismissing this is that the clamour for him to leave is increasing. Hopefully this could give him a jolt and buck his ideas up. I doubt it like! Apparently Sigurdsson has said in the press it's a season defining week with Brighton, Lyon and Arsenal.
I think the players are aware of the pressure they are under. They need to stand up and be counted. The manager also. I'm just under the impression he's not trying hard enough.
He can't do much in the break really can he ?

October 13, 2017, 10:04:27 PM
Reply #22

BlueForYou

Billy Bingham did a pretty good job with N Ireland - two world cup tournaments

And Walter Smith managed Scotland

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 13, 2017, 10:14:20 PM
Reply #23

BlueForYou

Ex Everton player Dave Clements also managed N Ireland - he was favourite to succeed Bingham for the Everton job in 1977

Mick Meagan, I think, managed Republic of Ireland (Eire), as did Johnny Carey

And big Nev Southall jointly managed Wales with Mark Hughes for a couple of games!

Plus Kendall should have been England manager from 1990!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:17:43 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 13, 2017, 10:30:40 PM
Reply #24

Coyb12

You are all going to be getting vaulted when he turns this around.

October 13, 2017, 11:47:37 PM
Reply #25

sam of the south

Really hope he does turn it around.

To do this however he would need to stop dicking about with the no proper width and loads of paceless number 10's on each others toes experiment.

Can't see it myself.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 15, 2017, 11:27:42 PM
Reply #26

Realist

"It had often been thought of that the Dutchman sees Everton as a stepping-stone to a bigger job, which the Holland job certainly is."

Is it? Anyone know what his salary would be there?

A bigger job means a better team or chance to win honours, not how much he's paid per week.

October 15, 2017, 11:59:55 PM
Reply #27

Tinga

So when is this so called turn around happening mate?

It's a disgrace we're 3 points above the drop with this 'squad'.

October 16, 2017, 12:04:11 AM
Reply #28

Coyb12

So when is this so called turn around happening mate?

It's a disgrace we're 3 points above the drop with this 'squad'.
Fucking hell lad give us a chance i only posted that yesterday.

October 16, 2017, 12:07:07 AM
Reply #29

Tinga

I've given it a chance, he isn't learning. He's a buffoon and has had his chance at a so called ambitious club and failed massively. Time to move on and get a proper manager.