November 19, 2017, 10:16:20 PM

Author Topic: Koeman linked with Everton exit  (Read 3182 times)

October 16, 2017, 08:42:49 PM
Reply #60

everton1952

Fixture list/congestion! What congestion? I don't see other teams in Europe complaining about congestion. It's a fact of life, if you want European football, you have to accept the fixtures are coming thick and fast and plan around that. Not whinge and bitch about congestion. The fixtures are the same in the league for everyone, Burnley started with 'hard games' away and have done ok. It's the way we have played in those games that irks most fans not necessarily the results as has been said in many topics and posts.
What on earth are you talking about?
Klopp called the fixture congestion madness. Mourinho called for the league cup to be scrapped to ease the fixtures, the big cheese at City said exactly the same. Can't be sure if Pochettino said similar but he probably did.  Those at the top with better players have done well except Arsenal. (Wenger probably feels the same as the above). Not the sole reason for our slump of course, but saying others in Europe are not bothered by the fixtures means you need to read a bit more widely.

deCoubertin

October 16, 2017, 08:52:14 PM
Reply #61

Ross

Klopp called the fixture congestion madness. Mourinho called for the league cup to be scrapped to ease the fixtures, the big cheese at City said exactly the same. Can't be sure if Pochettino said similar but he probably did.  Those at the top with better players have done well except Arsenal. (Wenger probably feels the same as the above). Not the sole reason for our slump of course, but saying others in Europe are not bothered by the fixtures means you need to read a bit more widely.

Do you really believe that 1 league cup game against a poor Sunderland team a month back is having a bearing on our form?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 16, 2017, 08:57:13 PM
Reply #62

everton1952

Add up all the games in 3 tournaments and you might find  the reason why "the Europe club" managers including Koeman have been whingeing.

October 16, 2017, 09:06:13 PM
Reply #63

bluestevie

Add up all the games in 3 tournaments and you might find  the reason why "the Europe club" managers including Koeman have been whingeing.

That excuse didn't wash with Martinez and doesn't now, if you can't gee a squad up to play 2-3 games in short succession then you shouldn't be in the job period
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

October 16, 2017, 09:06:47 PM
Reply #64

Ross

Well let’s be honest the way things are looking we won’t be suffering from any “congestion” for much longer. In fact maybe going out of these nuisance distractions is all part of the master plan to ease our “congestion” so we can be refreshed for the relegation battle ahead.

Maybe Koeman has a plan after all?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 16, 2017, 09:10:16 PM
Reply #65

everton1952

You are probably correct that we won't be bothered by congestion in a few weeks from now. I dread the European final fixtures if we are already out of it. They may as well scrap the entrance charge. I will not go.

October 16, 2017, 09:12:41 PM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How has Rooney gave nothing in return? 4 goals in 10 games, including the winner v Stoke, the goal that should have won us the game at City, and the pen that gave us an embarrassing point yesterday, 2 of them earned us points we didn't deserve and without them we would have been in an even worse position than we are.

I think he's our best player now unfortunately.

I also think he shouldn't play.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 16, 2017, 09:19:29 PM
Reply #67

sam of the south

I think he's our best player now unfortunately.

I also think he shouldn't play.

Both could be true, tragically.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 16, 2017, 10:48:43 PM
Reply #68

Evertonian in NC

Rooney was good the first couple of matches, has been dreadful since, and is most assuredly NOT making the players around him better (which was supposed to be the whole point).  He could be useful as an impact sub, if he'd accept the role and have some positional discipline, but Koeman seems to have interest in neither, and I suspect it has something to do with his having been a star player who likely felt people should have deferred to him, even late in his career.

I am quite confident any number of players could have converted that penalty, even the much-maligned Sigurdsson.  Every ratings thread I've seen anywhere still gave his performance a "5" - wholly unacceptable.  You can't anchor your team around a guy in his decline phase who is giving you 5s and 6s week in and week out, who is also possibly preventing Sigurdsson from settling into his role in the XI.  Only one of those two might be a part of the next decent Everton side, and it's clear to eyeryone with eyes to see that they can't play together on the pitch.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 16, 2017, 11:38:34 PM
Reply #69

Mac934

Funny isn't it, the managers that are most successful in the cups complaining about fixture congestion. They also have the biggest squads. If they are that pissed off about it go and manage a lower league team who don't have so many fixtures. Oh, see how your salary stacks up them. Moaning twats.