October 22, 2018, 07:35:05 AM

Author Topic: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go  (Read 13300 times)

October 16, 2017, 08:26:53 PM
Reply #15

Simon Paul

Administrator
Under Moyes we basically never had a right winger. Except Landon Donovan for a few weeks for a couple of years. We did OK. We often played with Osman out there or Arteta, and Pienaar was hardly a flyer. That said I would like to see us try to pay narrow in a 4-4-1-1 with a midfield of Klassen, gana, Schneiderlein and Davies. Then Sigurdsson in the 10 with anyone up front. Or maybe Sigurdsson as one of the two central midfielders with two strikers to look for.

Andy Johnson says hi

October 17, 2017, 12:26:50 AM
Reply #16

Simon Paul

Administrator
He ran the channels but I don't recall it either

played there for England while he was with us.  the reason given was that he played on the right for Everton more often than not.

October 17, 2017, 12:39:39 AM
Reply #17

Simon Paul

Administrator
We didn't set up as that tho, he just drifted that way I think, my memories shot tho

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/sep/20/fulham.premierleague

"The problem came down to wanting to play in my best position and the fact I was either out of the team or stuck on the right wing, in a position I didn't like."

October 17, 2017, 01:01:23 AM
Reply #18

Simon Paul

Administrator
Does Walsh have any say in this? In other countries the DoF does the hiring and firing. Or is he just a glorified chief scout?

glorified chief scout

not even that glorified, what with some at the club - at board level - referring to him as being "like an old woman"