November 24, 2017, 12:36:33 AM

Author Topic: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go  (Read 6816 times)

October 16, 2017, 02:28:17 AM
Reply #60

Bluedylan

So the "plenty" have shrunk to the "few"? Make your mind up. Is Simon Paul the Oracle or just another fan?

I don't get why some people perceive this as a moral issue, like we are somehow immoral heathens because we want a change of manager. He's had plenty of time, is one of the best paid managers in world football, and things are gradually dismantling and getting worse. If we were playing well, but the results weren't coming or if there was some sense of direction and gradual improvement, people would be willing to give him more time, but what's the point when it's clearly getting worse.

It's a question of performance and underachievement, not morality, so give it a rest with all the high horse bullshit about 'the baying mob'. We're generally patient, knowledgeable fans but we also know when things have gone to shit and there's nothing wrong with stating that early, and saving ourselves another half season of this utter garbage.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

deCoubertin

October 16, 2017, 02:29:23 AM
Reply #61

everton1952

The tool says OK. But the current totally negative self defeating attitude is getting me down. Everton are bad enough. I don't want the team he picks to take the field on Thursday to a shower of boos which probably would happen if some on here were in the majority.

October 16, 2017, 02:33:54 AM
Reply #62

Simon Paul

Administrator
I was amongst a few that was underwhelmed with the appointment, but happy to see where it went.

@Simon Paul and a few others didn't really take to him from the off. The main argument seemed to be that 'he doesn't get us' and he didn't fit the mould of what an Everton manager should be (I think).
I didn't really think that was important at the time, however now I can see that it's quite important. The fans clearly can't connect with him and the players won't play for him, its a slippery slope I think.

it's not important at all if he's winning trophies

that supersedes everything

it would help him borrow a bit more time though when things are going badly

October 16, 2017, 02:37:13 AM
Reply #63

eyesalwaysblue

I don't think the players won't play for him, some are not good enough, some are getting on in years nearly all of them look confused as to how they are supposed to be playing as regards some sort of system, that's down to Koeman for me, you can't blame players for not being good enough or finished that's the management/boards bag.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 16, 2017, 02:39:31 AM
Reply #64

Bob Sacamano

Players have binned it.

October 16, 2017, 02:41:27 AM
Reply #65

everton1952

But we are not and have never been for many years a team which wins trophies. Apart from Leicester the big boys win the most domestic trophies and they always will because they have most of the best players. We could conceivably emulate Spurs, and arrive in the top 4 (no trophies though) but  that would take years and years. The kraut next door is being hung up to dry because they have not won trophies. I would settle for the football the shite play but without any trophies.

October 16, 2017, 02:50:13 AM
Reply #66

Simon Paul

Administrator
But we are not and have never been for many years a team which wins trophies. Apart from Leicester the big boys win the most domestic trophies and they always will because they have most of the best players. We could conceivably emulate Spurs, and arrive in the top 4 (no trophies though) but  that would take years and years. The kraut next door is being hung up to dry because they have not won trophies. I would settle for the football the shite play but without any trophies.

they're all bluster though and if teams don't crap it when they get run at then Liverpool fail.  If a team then goes on to actually have the audacity to attack Liverpool then they fall apart.

they get by because some teams (like we will) absolutely cack it and get over run.

with the money he had (or Walsh, whoever we are told does the transfers) then we should have done better this summer, which in turn should have pushed us into a place where winning the League Cup or the Europa League shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.  If we believe he was let down with his targets then he should have named back ups.  We spent too long (and too much) on Sigurdsson, who we are to believe was his main target, and we spent too much on Klaassen who was one of his priorities too.  70m on those two which could have been much better spent.  He named the targets, we got them - eventually.

the winning trophies thing wasn't the only thing that would make his utter distain for supporters palatable though.  "progress" might actually win him a few friends.  Hell, it might even shut whingers like me up for a bit.  But we've regressed under Koeman.  We won't finish top half if he is still manager in May, and then he'll leave anyway.  Cut the rope now and we have a chance.

October 16, 2017, 02:58:21 AM
Reply #67

charlatan

Has he gone yet?

October 16, 2017, 03:03:26 AM
Reply #68

ally2

they're all bluster though and if teams don't crap it when they get run at then Liverpool fail.  If a team then goes on to actually have the audacity to attack Liverpool then they fall apart.

they get by because some teams (like we will) absolutely cack it and get over run.

with the money he had (or Walsh, whoever we are told does the transfers) then we should have done better this summer, which in turn should have pushed us into a place where winning the League Cup or the Europa League shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.  If we believe he was let down with his targets then he should have named back ups.  We spent too long (and too much) on Sigurdsson, who we are to believe was his main target, and we spent too much on Klaassen who was one of his priorities too.  70m on those two which could have been much better spent.  He named the targets, we got them - eventually.

the winning trophies thing wasn't the only thing that would make his utter distain for supporters palatable though.  "progress" might actually win him a few friends.  Hell, it might even shut whingers like me up for a bit.  But we've regressed under Koeman.  We won't finish top half if he is still manager in May, and then he'll leave anyway.  Cut the rope now and we have a chance.

I noticed you never responded to the Koeman drinking thing.  You think that's OK?

October 16, 2017, 03:07:27 AM
Reply #69

Simon Paul

Administrator
I noticed you never responded to the Koeman drinking thing.  You think that's OK?

not while he's in work, no

October 16, 2017, 03:09:09 AM
Reply #70

ally2

Right so he drinks at work and gets drunk then?  Is that right?  This will help sway my opinion of him you see.

October 16, 2017, 03:10:44 AM
Reply #71

charlatan

Whats the story here Si?  Missed this one

October 16, 2017, 03:11:15 AM
Reply #72

Simon Paul

Administrator
Right so he drinks at work and gets drunk then?  Is that right?  This will help sway my opinion of him you see.

I've never seen it happen, but I have heard stories. 

I don't particularly believe them, but it's something that people throw around about him.

It's up to you whether or not you believe them, the same as it's up to you if you believe that he rarely stays around at Finch Farm or that he books his holidays whilst on the work's computer.

October 16, 2017, 03:14:03 AM
Reply #73

eyesalwaysblue

Iv'e something in common with Koeman then, iv'e drunk much more since he's been here as well.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 16, 2017, 03:21:46 AM
Reply #74

ally2

I've never seen it happen, but I have heard stories. 

I don't particularly believe them, but it's something that people throw around about him.

It's up to you whether or not you believe them, the same as it's up to you if you believe that he rarely stays around at Finch Farm or that he books his holidays whilst on the work's computer.

And how would you feel if people idly gossiped about you or your family or friends 'maybe' having a drinking problem? Even if it were true then alcoholism is a disease, not some piece of maybe-trivia there to be used as a point-scorer by random on an internet forum.  Oh wait, let me pre-empt - don't shoot the messenger?