October 24, 2019, 07:20:17 AM

Author Topic: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go  (Read 16953 times)

October 16, 2017, 02:04:51 AM
Read 16953 times

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Timing really is crucial with this one.

We definitely left it too late with Martinez (not gonna lie I was quite gutted it didn't work out for him), as we essentially lost our best players because of our poor league performances and not challenging for top 4, silverware etc.

However, I'm not sure we risk losing anyone that important if we have a poor season this season, and I doubt we will get relegated, so there's a bit of me that thinks he actually deserves time to get it right. On the other hand there's enough time to get our season back on track if we sack him now and recruit a new manager.

I'm glad I'm not the decision maker.

I do quite like the idea if Unsworth taking the reigns with Dunc as assistant though.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 16, 2017, 02:17:07 AM
Reply #1

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Really? To be fair, apart from the liars who were among the plenty?

I was amongst a few that was underwhelmed with the appointment, but happy to see where it went.

@Simon Paul and a few others didn't really take to him from the off. The main argument seemed to be that 'he doesn't get us' and he didn't fit the mould of what an Everton manager should be (I think).
I didn't really think that was important at the time, however now I can see that it's quite important. The fans clearly can't connect with him and the players won't play for him, its a slippery slope I think.

October 16, 2017, 02:22:02 AM
Reply #2

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
So the "plenty" have shrunk to the "few"? Make your mind up. Is Simon Paul the Oracle or just another fan?

I didn't say plenty at first you tool. It was someone else you replied to.

October 16, 2017, 03:36:46 AM
Reply #3

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Mad that I think Dyche would be great for us.

October 16, 2017, 03:50:31 AM
Reply #4

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I felt like somone in denial, finally coming out and admitting I'd quite like Dyche as manager just then.

October 16, 2017, 03:30:24 PM
Reply #5

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'm genuinely not sure that a 'big name' replacement will work. Koeman is one of the biggest names in football, and it's gone tits up.
I think Tuchel is out of the question, he's got Chelsea written all over him when Conte gets binned just after Xmas.
I still think someone who has a link to the club and the players will be a much better option. They're not exciting names but Arteta, Unsworth, Ferguson, Stubbs, Royle could give us that stability back, even if it's just on an interim basis until the Xmas or the end of the season.

If not them then Dyche, maybe Howe or even Allardyce! (I can't belive ive just said fuckin Allardyce)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:31:37 PM by Duncs_a_legend »

October 16, 2017, 03:51:56 PM
Reply #6

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I was happy to get partially on board with your Dyche shout, but Allardyce can get fucked.

Ps Koeman is a massive name as a player, not managerially. He's pretty much a journeyman manager who's had a couple of decent spells, and a few shite ones.

I know I can't believe it myself ha. I think it's because if we didnt nick that point yesterday and Leicester win tonight, then we'd be in the relegation zone. The games we've got coming are pretty shit, and we're only 8 or 9 weeks away from Xmas. If we're still there by the end of November then we're in a relegation scrap.

I suppose Tuchel hasn't actually won a thing though, whereas Koeman has.
I kind of just want him gone now, even if we haven't got a replacement identified yet.

October 16, 2017, 06:04:38 PM
Reply #7

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
What's the obsession with a link to the club about?

Near enough every single success we've had in the last 30 - 40 years (and probably longer)  had been with a manaher who has a link to the club. Can't be the worst idea to see how it goes on an interim basis.

October 16, 2017, 08:56:40 PM
Reply #8

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
yes but their link to the club was winning things as a player and being exceptional at Everton

Ye I can see that with Royle and Kendall (although Kendall didnt win much with us as a player)

Catterick didn't win anything as a player.

I just think for the past 2 managers have been picked because of their relative success in England or abroad. (RM even said he got the job based alot on his FA Cup win).
Maybe a change of direction is what's needed.

Keeping Koeman whilst we wait to have a replacement lined up may be more detrimental than just getting rid of him now and sticking one of the other guys in on an interim until we find a replacement.
I just can't see how keeping him at the helm will benefit us at all.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:58:21 PM by Duncs_a_legend »