October 19, 2019, 08:27:31 AM

Author Topic: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go  (Read 16896 times)

October 15, 2017, 10:01:03 PM
Read 16896 times

ally2

October 15, 2017, 10:40:26 PM
Reply #1

ally2

You've never taken to him though. Even during our decent run last season you were sniping. Not that I've got a problem with it, at least you were (kind of) honest about it.

Yeah it moved onto jibes about the drink though. Which is unacceptable by any decent standards. I'm probably in the minority again.

October 16, 2017, 03:03:26 AM
Reply #2

ally2

they're all bluster though and if teams don't crap it when they get run at then Liverpool fail.  If a team then goes on to actually have the audacity to attack Liverpool then they fall apart.

they get by because some teams (like we will) absolutely cack it and get over run.

with the money he had (or Walsh, whoever we are told does the transfers) then we should have done better this summer, which in turn should have pushed us into a place where winning the League Cup or the Europa League shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.  If we believe he was let down with his targets then he should have named back ups.  We spent too long (and too much) on Sigurdsson, who we are to believe was his main target, and we spent too much on Klaassen who was one of his priorities too.  70m on those two which could have been much better spent.  He named the targets, we got them - eventually.

the winning trophies thing wasn't the only thing that would make his utter distain for supporters palatable though.  "progress" might actually win him a few friends.  Hell, it might even shut whingers like me up for a bit.  But we've regressed under Koeman.  We won't finish top half if he is still manager in May, and then he'll leave anyway.  Cut the rope now and we have a chance.

I noticed you never responded to the Koeman drinking thing.  You think that's OK?

October 16, 2017, 03:09:09 AM
Reply #3

ally2

not while he's in work, no

Right so he drinks at work and gets drunk then?  Is that right?  This will help sway my opinion of him you see.

October 16, 2017, 03:21:46 AM
Reply #4

ally2

I've never seen it happen, but I have heard stories. 

I don't particularly believe them, but it's something that people throw around about him.

It's up to you whether or not you believe them, the same as it's up to you if you believe that he rarely stays around at Finch Farm or that he books his holidays whilst on the work's computer.

And how would you feel if people idly gossiped about you or your family or friends 'maybe' having a drinking problem? Even if it were true then alcoholism is a disease, not some piece of maybe-trivia there to be used as a point-scorer by random on an internet forum.  Oh wait, let me pre-empt - don't shoot the messenger?

October 16, 2017, 03:46:10 AM
Reply #5

ally2

Clearly no one gives a shit. Must be fair game then.  As you were.

October 16, 2017, 02:25:51 PM
Reply #6

ally2

I don't want Koeman gone but if the likes of Tuchel, Ancelotti etc are even remotely available/viable then that changes things a little.  I don't know if they are though.

October 16, 2017, 07:12:43 PM
Reply #7

ally2

Under Moyes we basically never had a right winger. Except Landon Donovan for a few weeks for a couple of years. We did OK. We often played with Osman out there or Arteta, and Pienaar was hardly a flyer. That said I would like to see us try to pay narrow in a 4-4-1-1 with a midfield of Klassen, gana, Schneiderlein and Davies. Then Sigurdsson in the 10 with anyone up front. Or maybe Sigurdsson as one of the two central midfielders with two strikers to look for.

October 17, 2017, 12:18:12 AM
Reply #8

ally2

Osaman, Pienaar and Arteta didn't need pace to beat a man, they could play wide and still influence the game

Yes that's what I mean. I think Davies and Klaasen could do that now.

October 17, 2017, 12:19:11 AM
Reply #9

ally2

Andy Johnson says hi

I don't recall him playing right wing at all. Bit worrying

October 18, 2017, 07:41:42 PM
Reply #10

ally2

Just had a look at Ron's record over the last couple of years. Spot the pattern.

In the 2015/16 season at Southampton he went through a twelve match sequence between Nov 15 and Jan 16 where he won just two games, drew one, and lost nine, including getting knocked out of the FA cup at home to C Palace, and getting hammered 6-1 at home by the shite in the League cup. He turned it around and they qualified for Europe.

In the 2016/17 season he went through a similar eleven/ twelve match sequence between Sept and Dec, where he only won two games, and drew, or lost the rest, including a defeat to Norwich in the League cup. He also turned this around and we qualified for Europe.

Already this season, in the last eleven matches, we have only won two. We have not exited any of the cups yet. Do I want him to also turn this around? No I want him out to fuck. Someone else can turn this one, although personally I think our season is fucked already and it is only Oct because we can't do anything about the debacle of transfers til Jan

That reads as quite a good defence of Koeman.