August 21, 2019, 04:44:32 PM

Author Topic: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go  (Read 16226 times)

October 15, 2017, 10:03:32 PM
Read 16226 times

Bluedylan

Totally agree on Koeman.

One thing this flags up is how ridiculous it was that you didn't call for Martinez to be fired. That 4-0 derby at Anfield with 37 shots at our goal. What were you thinking?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 15, 2017, 10:09:54 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

we had a big game coming up and there were two ways of thinking - change it and stand a chance of winning, or change it and ruin any chance of winning.  Only hindsight shows which was right, nobody outside the club knew at the time, in reality.

also at the time, nobody inside the club truly believed how seriously fans felt, despite being told

Fair enough. Thanks for the direct, honest reply.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

October 16, 2017, 02:28:17 AM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

So the "plenty" have shrunk to the "few"? Make your mind up. Is Simon Paul the Oracle or just another fan?

I don't get why some people perceive this as a moral issue, like we are somehow immoral heathens because we want a change of manager. He's had plenty of time, is one of the best paid managers in world football, and things are gradually dismantling and getting worse. If we were playing well, but the results weren't coming or if there was some sense of direction and gradual improvement, people would be willing to give him more time, but what's the point when it's clearly getting worse.

It's a question of performance and underachievement, not morality, so give it a rest with all the high horse bullshit about 'the baying mob'. We're generally patient, knowledgeable fans but we also know when things have gone to shit and there's nothing wrong with stating that early, and saving ourselves another half season of this utter garbage.

October 16, 2017, 03:40:40 AM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Mad that I think Dyche would be great for us.

Not necessarily. He's demonstrated competence and commitment to building something over a sustained period of time. Wouldn't get me massively excited, but there's a lot worse candidates.

October 16, 2017, 03:47:13 AM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

I like dyche but is he tactically good enough for a side that has to attack at home

He's done a boss job tho

I suppose that would be the challenge for him to play more front foot football. It'd be hard to know really, until he was in that position.

October 16, 2017, 03:36:58 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

I'm genuinely not sure that a 'big name' replacement will work. Koeman is one of the biggest names in football, and it's gone tits up.
I think Tuchel is out of the question, he's got Chelsea written all over him when Conte gets binned just after Xmas.
I still think someone who has a link to the club and the players will be a much better option. They're not exciting names but Arteta, Unsworth, Ferguson, Stubbs, Royle could give us that stability back, even if it's just on an interim basis until the Xmas or the end of the season.

If not them then Dyche, maybe Howe or even Allardyce! (I can't belive ive just said fuckin Allardyce)

Yeah I was happy to get partially on board with your Dyche shout, but Allardyce can get fucked.

Ps Koeman is a massive name as a player, not managerially. He's pretty much a journeyman manager who's had a couple of decent spells, and a few shite ones.

October 16, 2017, 10:48:24 PM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

2020 onwards: With a new ground, big money to spend, the big time beckons for a brand new ambitious era  - Simeone

2019: Koeman's contract expires and so does Silva's - neat and tidy; no compensation

2018: Rodgers is on a one year rolling contract - 45, with unfinished business on Merseyside and has never lost a derby

2017: Random instant replacement: Heimir Hallgrimsson - would at least keep our record signing happy

Dyche and Howe will gain a few shouts - understandable

Ex Everton players: Hughes always seems to do a good job and Bilic is a decent manager

From within the club: Unsworth, Ferguson and Ebbrell - all ex team-mates

Two comments on this post. Firstly, it's absolutely mental and what on earth are you on about? And secondly, there's a disappointing lack of shit puns.

October 19, 2017, 07:16:18 PM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

Yeah but not to Cool you!

Carragher's sound, and an excellent pundit, imo. I know he sometimes tries to wind our fans up but I don't blame him. I think deep down he still has a lot of affection for us.

October 19, 2017, 07:42:15 PM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

If we'd had anything about us this season, there's actually a perfect chance to make Top 6 because Arsenal look even frailer than usual and there's talk that Sanchez and Ozil could leave in January. If we were on it this season, I think we could've finished above them, but we've pretty much fucked it already.