December 08, 2019, 03:23:56 AM

Author Topic: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go  (Read 17389 times)

October 15, 2017, 10:13:47 PM
Read 17389 times

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

October 16, 2017, 03:42:58 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not necessarily. He's demonstrated competence and commitment to building something over a sustained period of time. Wouldn't get me massively excited, but there's a lot worse candidates.
I like dyche but is he tactically good enough for a side that has to attack at home

He's done a boss job tho
Simply simply lovely

October 16, 2017, 03:51:33 AM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I suppose that would be the challenge for him to play more front foot football. It'd be hard to know really, until he was in that position.
Agreed pal. It all feels a little moyes ish but let's not forget he took the club forward.... Then held on for too long... anyway, for me, I'd like a stronger, bigger name
Simply simply lovely

October 16, 2017, 08:28:44 PM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Under Moyes we basically never had a right winger. Except Landon Donovan for a few weeks for a couple of years. We did OK. We often played with Osman out there or Arteta, and Pienaar was hardly a flyer. That said I would like to see us try to pay narrow in a 4-4-1-1 with a midfield of Klassen, gana, Schneiderlein and Davies. Then Sigurdsson in the 10 with anyone up front. Or maybe Sigurdsson as one of the two central midfielders with two strikers to look for.
Osaman, Pienaar and Arteta didn't need pace to beat a man, they could play wide and still influence the game
Simply simply lovely

October 17, 2017, 12:22:15 AM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yes that's what I mean. I think Davies and Klaasen could do that now.
Ah I see
I have my doubts tho
Simply simply lovely

October 17, 2017, 12:25:08 AM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I don't recall him playing right wing at all. Bit worrying
He ran the channels but I don't recall it either
Simply simply lovely

October 17, 2017, 12:32:22 AM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
played there for England while he was with us.  the reason given was that he played on the right for Everton more often than not.
We didn't set up as that tho, he just drifted that way I think, my memories shot tho
Simply simply lovely

October 19, 2017, 12:12:52 AM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely