September 24, 2018, 09:05:57 AM

Author Topic: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go  (Read 12926 times)

October 16, 2017, 09:42:07 PM
Read 12926 times

BlueForYou

2020 onwards: With a new ground, big money to spend, the big time beckons for a brand new ambitious era  - Simeone

2019: Koeman's contract expires and so does Silva's - neat and tidy; no compensation

2018: Rodgers is on a one year rolling contract - 45, with unfinished business on Merseyside and has never lost a derby

2017: Random instant replacement: Heimir Hallgrimsson - would at least keep our record signing happy

Dyche and Howe will gain a few shouts - understandable

Ex Everton players: Hughes always seems to do a good job and Bilic is a decent manager

From within the club: Unsworth, Ferguson and Ebbrell - all ex team-mates

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 16, 2017, 11:20:20 PM
Reply #1

BlueForYou

What on earth am I on about? At some point between now and 2019, Koeman will be relieved of his duties. Depending on when he departs, take your pick as successor. What is mental about it?

I have already been cautioned about shit puns and I don't intend to be sent off - I shall leave on my own terms!

I trust the Iceland manager's wisdom won't give you tooth ache

Up yours and smoke it
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 17, 2017, 02:43:01 PM
Reply #2

BlueForYou

Absolutely - and if you take in his 3 seasons PL record, you'd hire that man tomorrow

Harry Catterick

October 18, 2017, 07:51:58 PM
Reply #3

BlueForYou

Exactly - and Saints also qualified for Europe in 2014-15 with Colonel Koeman

The balance of probability is: He'll turn this around

It'll be a bit of a slog and it won't be pretty but once the "high expectations syndrome" diminishes - hold on to your hats!

Harry Catterick

October 18, 2017, 07:57:21 PM
Reply #4

BlueForYou

Harry Catterick

October 19, 2017, 01:09:47 AM
Reply #5

BlueForYou

Mrs May will probably see out her reign until the Article 50 Brexit deadline on 29th March 2019, about three months before the end of Dutchy Koeman's contract and tenure as Everton manager.

Moshiri has probably agreed to support Koeman with new players in January on Koeman's insistence barring catastrophic results

Harry Catterick

October 19, 2017, 07:55:38 PM
Reply #6

BlueForYou

Hamstrung, he is! As would any immediate replacement

Koeman's a tough cookie and from a Dutch generation that did national military service

You either take to a Colonel man management style or you don't; either that or the likes of Klaassen, Sandro, Holgate, Lookman, Williams, Niasse, Martina, Kenny and Besic are just not quite good enough - yet..........................

Harry Catterick

October 19, 2017, 08:32:01 PM
Reply #7

BlueForYou

If we're calling Rooney, Sigurdsson, Klaassen and Vlasic (plus Barkley) number 10's (and I'm calling for Mata in January!), how would you solve it?

Play them all, leaving three out of position? Or use just one and relegate the other three to the subs bench?

The Koeman conundrum!

Harry Catterick

October 19, 2017, 08:40:49 PM
Reply #8

BlueForYou

Is it possible to play two in the position of number 10, one left and one right?

Or does that defeat the object of that position?

Harry Catterick

October 19, 2017, 08:46:53 PM
Reply #9

BlueForYou

I'm not sure if Sir Alf Ramsey showed much emotion

Harry Catterick