October 15, 2018, 06:20:23 PM

Author Topic: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go  (Read 13138 times)

October 19, 2017, 05:54:58 PM
Read 13138 times

Waltzer

Would people take "bad" wins over a better style of play and current results ?

If Koeman stays I think thats all we can expect at best until January, bad wins. The entire recruitment drive was focused around us acquiring a big centre forward. There were stats that highlighted all of Koemans sides cross the ball into the box more than any other, likewise Sigurdsson has created loads more headed opportunities than anyone else, Klasseen would also thrive off of knock downs etc.

He is stubborn in his failure to adapt to what hes got, but so was Pep when he first came into City, he hasnt changed his philosophy, but the results are coming now as hes got the players to suit his style. Koeman will get the season in my opinion as the board have invested too much into his style, when we get our centre forward, and if results dont change then hes in trouble, but until then itll be a case of making do and ugly wins.

October 19, 2017, 07:12:04 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

Has he ever really had major success though with his preferred style and players? The best he's had here is 7th isn't it? Which is below where we finished the year before he came to England, allied to the fact his cup record during that period is woeful.
With Guardiola they persevered as they know when he got it right it'd be worth it. Is getting us to where we should be, 7th, success? Just a honest question.

I agree 7th isnt good enough, im just trying to give some justification and rationale, people say he should change/adapt but rarely any managers do, they stick t what they know.
Finishing 6th with Southampton was pretty successful, although having never won anything as a manager is the clear downfall but has he previously been given the resources to compete?
Regardless of who took over, or who takes over if Koeman is sacked, getting Everton in the top 6 will be a remarkable achievement, unless Moshiri really loosens the purse strings as despite the promises there havent been any indications hes that serious, our transfer windows have been very similar to life under Kenwright with us having a minimal spend or selling our best player to reinvest.

October 19, 2017, 07:39:32 PM
Reply #2

Waltzer

Sometimes you just have to admit things aren't working and anything less than a win tonight and it should be time for a change.

Cant argue with most of that but I still think he'll get until the end of the season (watch him get sacked tomorrow now :) ). I honestly think if we had a Giroud or someone similar we wouldn't be far off competing for the top 6 places.