November 18, 2017, 06:17:40 PM

Author Topic: When was the last time..  (Read 938 times)

October 16, 2017, 03:46:52 AM
Reply #15

Mayor Farnum

It's either Caterick or Kendall. For it to be Kendall three brilliant years would have to be enough to pretty much eclipse the rest of his career, unfortunately.

deCoubertin

October 16, 2017, 04:36:56 AM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Kendall was absolute top class. Royle was a top class man who did a lot to give us back some respect. Moyes is the closest we have come since to top class (no you fuck off) but then fell short.

October 16, 2017, 06:36:20 AM
Reply #17

bacon sarnie

Harry Catterick was a world class manager & Howard Kendall was a world class player and both knew how to manage a football team. Difficult to pick who was better. Gordon Lee was the funniest and should have won trophies but couldn't manage a bizzies hat in Poundland.

Then theirs Billy Bingham, Walter Smith, Martinez, Koeman....next.

October 16, 2017, 06:42:57 AM
Reply #18

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
What the fuck is it with police mens hats and Poundland today?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 16, 2017, 02:55:30 PM
Reply #19

BlueForYou

Harry Catterick - ably assisted by Tommy Eggleston and Wilf Dixon

Howard Kendall - ably assisted by Colin Harvey and Mick Heaton

Johnny Carey, before the Catt, was a good manager

Colin Harvey did OK, as did Joe Royle

David Moyes did a decent job - but, alas, wasn't a winner
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 16, 2017, 04:27:42 PM
Reply #20

Toddacelli

In my lifetime there are 3 standouts.

Kendal gave us glory

Royle gave us pride

Moyes gave us stability

Not a massively impressive list, bar Kendal, but once you've tasted heaven - nil satis nisi optimum.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 16, 2017, 04:30:29 PM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What the fuck is it with police mens hats and Poundland today?

Ask P.C @MmmBlueRamirez
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 17, 2017, 04:50:56 AM
Reply #22

montanatoffeefan

It was just last decade when Moyes was here. And he got us fourth and pretty much kept us in the top third of the league when we didn't have any money after he'd inherited a squad that looked doomed to relegation. And he picked up, what was it, three manager of the year awards.

We all know he's shown his limitations since. But what so many of us forget is how well his strengths as a manager served the club during a perilous time. I'm not sure there was another manager in the world who could have done as well for Everton in that period of our history, when we were skint and so many other Prem teams were on buying sprees.

Even with no money, he built a fine squad foundation that his two deranged successors still haven't completely undone.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 04:53:23 AM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.