November 23, 2017, 10:45:10 PM

Author Topic: Match Ratings versus Brighton  (Read 889 times)

October 16, 2017, 12:18:21 AM
Read 889 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Because someone has to?

Pickford 6 - did little wrong and pulled off a solid save to keep us in it

Baines 4 - he's either not enjoying playing for Koeman or he's losing his ability to effect a game. He's playing within himself

Jagielka 6 - good to see him back and looked solid for long spells

Keane 6 - looks happier with Jagielka alongside than anyone else

Holgate 6 - sold once or twice defensively but offered a decent option going forward

Gueye 5 - he lost the ball quite a bit, often found himself in space and a couple of decent shots but he didn't effect the midfield enough

Schneiderlin 5 - looked ok in patches but rarely impacted on the game apart from a few tackles

Calvert Lewin 5 - full of energy but struggled out of position

Rooney 5 - thought he was very poor and positionally erratic. If he wants to play as a midfielder we should play him as such, composed for the goal mind

Sigurdsson 5 - his set pieces were much better today, at times you could see what he was trying to do in open play but it's just not working for him right now

Vlasic 7 - a real bright spark in a turgid display. The ball sticks like glue to him and he picks the right options most of the time. MOTM

Subs

Niasse 5 - little to no impact on the game

Davies n/a - too late to do anything

Mirallas n/a - forgot he existed

deCoubertin

October 16, 2017, 12:29:22 AM
Reply #1

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Vlasic looks a player. Enjoy watching him play
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 16, 2017, 12:30:15 AM
Reply #2

Macca77

Pickford 6
Baines 5
Jagielka 6
Keane 7 - some important blocks, looks comfortable with Jags next to him
Holgate 6
Gueye 5
Schneiderlin 4 - lazy in the box and at fault for their goal, just fucking welly it away
Calvert Lewin 5
Rooney 5 - needs to stop constantly  complaining to the ref
Sigurdsson 5
Vlasic 7 - looks like a player, tried to make things happen, Motm

Subs
Niasse 4
Davies 4
Mirallas n/a

Koeman 3

October 16, 2017, 12:31:49 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 7 solid
Baines 5 really struggling with the lack of movement and options in front of him
Holgate 6 real mixed bag, got himself in bother defensively but his link up with nicksy (did you hear it?) was good
Keane 7 mom for me
Jagielka 6 solid
Gueye 4 wins it back, gives it away
Schneiderlin 5 decent first half anonymous second half
Vlasic 7 started well, faded, came back, fell over a few times, worked hard
Dcl 5 worked hard out of position but was awful first half and had three decent chances and never ever looked like scoring
Rooney 5 strange uninterested performance
Sigurdsson 5 poor

Niasse 5 runs around and that
Mirallas 5 didn't get it
Davies na no idea why he didnt come on earlier especially with rooney and vlasic blowing

Simply simply lovely

October 16, 2017, 12:34:47 AM
Reply #4

BlueBeagle

4 - Baines has been shite for ages if we're honest with ourselves.

4 - Schniderlin is a pointless joke.

4 - Sigurddson still miles off.

5 - Gueye was marginally better than Schniderlin.

7 - Vlasic the one player on the pitch who played well.

6 - The rest.

October 16, 2017, 12:48:42 AM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

Pickford did okay 6
Centre halves played well 7s
Holgate was okay 6
Gueye was busy 5.5
Vlasic did well 7

I might have missed someone but as far as I remember the rest were all just different shades of shite/ Rooney and Baines are finished at this level. DCL despite all the praise he gets on here just isn't ready for more than a few minutes here and there. Morgan was terrible (think god I didn't bother to learn to spell his last name would have been a wasted effort)

October 16, 2017, 02:00:38 AM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
Pretty much 5s all around for me.

Most of the players restricted by the system.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 16, 2017, 02:13:23 AM
Reply #7

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Was Lookman injured?

It was a poor showing from everyone really, Pickford was OK and Vlasic was the only outfield player that shown any real determination.

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 16, 2017, 02:54:58 AM
Reply #8

hill135

Keane made three vital blocks which otherwise would likely have been goals.

Vlasic was our best player. Exciting prospect.

Schniederlin has no idea how to play that controlling midfielder role. Selling Barry was stupid.

Gueye's passing was woeful.

October 16, 2017, 05:58:51 PM
Reply #9

themilkycoffees

Mirallas - n/a is the worst rating I've seen in a while. He changed the game for us. One of only two players (Vlasic) who wanted to move forward with the ball. Also evident that only Mirallas, Vlasic and Rooney were arsed about getting a winner.

Mirallas was shaking his head at the end when he came over to us. Only KM and the young lads bothered to come over to the fans.

October 16, 2017, 06:48:48 PM
Reply #10

BlueNoseMike

Keane has a great knack of being in the right place at the right time doesn't he? Well drilled into him by Dyche as they had that system that worked well didn't they? Sure I read (possibly on here) that they had a lot of shots on their goal but not many expected goals due to blocking the key areas by the 2 cbs.

Vlasic looks a neat and tidy player. Him and Keane motm, both 7s or 8s. Pickford saved well and came out well to the ball, so probably just below them. Rest a 6, Gana, Schneiderlin are so low on confidence, Baines looks more and more like he is finished. DCL tries but no luck

Bit miffed about Lookman not getting a look in. I get the feeling he is off, that for me is a clincher for Koeman going as he must be turning these players away

October 16, 2017, 07:28:12 PM
Reply #11

Mac934

Pickford 6 usual reliable self
Baines 5 doesn't seem remotely bothered anymore
Holgate 6 caught out a couple of times
Jags 7 steady
Keane 7 looks more comfortable and confident with Jags
Gana 5 where's the player from last season gone?
Schniederlin 5 not much to say really
Vlasic 7 MoM worked hard, tricky player
Siggurdson 6 maybe trying too hard
Rooney 6 coolly taken penalty
DCL 6 out of position, kept falling over, should have scored

Mirallas 6 showed some effort
Davies 6 wish he was starting
Niasse 5 runs around a lot

Koeman 0 can't even be arsed to shave now! Looks a mess.

October 16, 2017, 10:29:03 PM
Reply #12

kramer0

I thought Pickford was immense. He made all the saves he could have and did some superb work claiming crosses.

There was one particular moment that stood out. Brighton had a good angle for a deep free kick and Gross swung a great ball into the penalty area. Pickford came for the ball and, despite getting clattered by an offside Shane Duffy, he still punched the ball away for a defender to clear. Obviously, any ensuing goal wouldn't have counted (Duffy was offside and it was a clear foul) but there aren't many keepers in the league who could have managed to get the ball away under that sort of pressure.

And the best thing is he's only 23. He's going to be incredible after a few more years of top flight experience.