November 23, 2017, 02:33:18 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Lyon  (Read 11148 times)

October 20, 2017, 02:59:21 AM
Reply #495

Bluedylan

Thought we were utter garbage again, with no real positives.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 20, 2017, 02:59:45 AM
Reply #496

Evertonian in NC

Which is why I always say Walsh should be more culpable and get more shit than he does. His job is to give the manager the tools to do the job.

Agreed.  I gather Koeman is at least 80% responsible for the striker problem (tea leaves, again), but I don't see how the fullback situation falls on anyone but Walsh.  Really poor planning/lack of foresight.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 20, 2017, 03:00:46 AM
Reply #497

KoemansNumberTens

Weve got some massively overhyped youngsters. Holgate and DCL.... Both a bit shit. Weve talked about them as if they are gonna be worldbeaters

October 20, 2017, 03:00:59 AM
Reply #498

School of Science

Played better and more determination last 15, Klassen has improved but he could not get any worse. Tom Davies, Mirallas, Vlasic and Schneiderlin have been okay. Last chance second half replace Klassen with Sigurdsson, find a place for Sandro and go for it.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 20, 2017, 03:01:11 AM
Reply #499

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Woohoo! I'm going out now.

Best result of the day :)
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 20, 2017, 03:01:31 AM
Reply #500

KoemansNumberTens

I doubt it was Walsh insisting that we must get Sigurdsson at all costs.

Exactly. I think Koeman has insisted on a lot of the first team players and they arent good enough

October 20, 2017, 03:01:34 AM
Reply #501

Macca77

They look dangerous every time the attack, more goals in this

October 20, 2017, 03:01:39 AM
Reply #502

kramer0

Klaassen isn't concerned with getting on the ball. His game is all about off-the-ball movement and creating space, either for himself or for his teammates (see Rooney's goal against Stoke for a prime example). There's a time and place for that but unfortunately, it's not tonight.

Missed opportunity not starting Sigurdsson, especially since his best performance for us came in the second half against Limassol where he played more of a central box-to-box role. Tough choice between Rooney/Sigurdsson to replace Klaassen in the second half.

October 20, 2017, 03:01:55 AM
Reply #503

hannu

dont worry guys these are proberbly the best team in the world, they will win there league with ease (tongue in cheek)

October 20, 2017, 03:02:04 AM
Reply #504

Bluedylan

Weve got some massively overhyped youngsters. Holgate and DCL.... Both a bit shit. Weve talked about them as if they are gonna be worldbeaters

Neither shit nor worldbeaters. Both very good young players.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 20, 2017, 03:02:36 AM
Reply #505

Major Clanger

Tempo was a bit better and Davies and Mirallas seem to be on the same wavelength. That's about it.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 20, 2017, 03:02:41 AM
Reply #506

Macca77

Klaassen isn't concerned with getting on the ball. His game is all about off-the-ball movement and creating space, either for himself or for his teammates (see Rooney's goal against Stoke for a prime example). There's a time and place for that but unfortunately, it's not tonight.

Missed opportunity not starting Sigurdsson, especially since his best performance for us came in the second half against Limassol where he played more of a central box-to-box role. Tough choice between Rooney/Sigurdsson to replace Klaassen in the second half.

Rooney isn't in the squad

October 20, 2017, 03:02:44 AM
Reply #507

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Wait...DCL broke up with the girl in the pics? Poor boy.

What, when?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 20, 2017, 03:02:53 AM
Reply #508

ally2

Keown with one too many undone shirt buttons there

October 20, 2017, 03:03:07 AM
Reply #509

KoemansNumberTens

Weve got so bad now that people count showing a bit of energy as a good performance. Weve done fuck all and looked completely open when theyve countered