December 11, 2017, 09:20:41 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Lyon  (Read 12751 times)

October 17, 2017, 11:24:37 AM
Reply #45

School of Science

Sure but how far back would you have to go to get to a team of Everton players that none of the top 6 would have?

Lukaku
Barkley
Stones
Fellaini
Arteta
Pienaar
Lescott
Jags
Baines

--

Now we've got maybe picks if he develops, maybe Keane if he isn't actually quite average, maybe Lookman if he is anything like what Everton fans think he is.

Interesting Brap, who was the manager with hardly a penny to spend who bought 99% of them players ? Take Moyes back as DOF,with Unsworth as manager until the end of the season. We have nothing to lose with the absolute shite we are watching this season.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 17, 2017, 01:52:38 PM
Reply #46

Macca77

My kids have just said they don't wanna go, well that's just tough lads, your going, had to bribe them with Pringles and some match attax

October 17, 2017, 03:14:57 PM
Reply #47

Toddacelli

The most positive note about Everton V Lyon I can think of:

Speedo Mick is halfway to Lyon and has achieved around half of his fundraising target so far for Alder Hey. That's around 350 miles he's walked up to now and he's closing in on Paris, which he expects to be interesting because he hasn't actually bumped into any gendarmes yet.

Top work!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 17, 2017, 04:15:45 PM
Reply #48

Ross

I think fundraising is becoming the secondary motivation now for Speedo Mick, he’s entering the realms of the “Naked Rambler”.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 17, 2017, 04:17:01 PM
Reply #49

Lxxx

He's gonna go with the same again isn't he. He's sticking with the players that are under-performing until he gets the boot.

October 17, 2017, 04:21:24 PM
Reply #50

Toddacelli

He's gonna go with the same again isn't he. He's sticking with the players that are under-performing until he gets the boot.

Possibly.

He gets a big payout with a sacking doesn't he?

October 17, 2017, 04:24:17 PM
Reply #51

Lxxx

Possibly.

He gets a big payout with a sacking doesn't he?

I'd be surprised if he was tempted away from Southampton with a contract that contained plenty of get out clauses for us. We'll probably have to pay him the best part of £10m to disappear, only 18 months after paying the last idiot £10m to disappear too.

October 17, 2017, 04:32:16 PM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Interesting Brap, who was the manager with hardly a penny to spend who bought 99% of them players ? Take Moyes back as DOF,with Unsworth as manager until the end of the season. We have nothing to lose with the absolute shite we are watching this season.

Think the games moved on, that might be a hollow cliche however I dunno.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 17, 2017, 04:40:32 PM
Reply #53

ally2

I'm starting to consider that we would be better out of Europe which is sad. All is not lost yet though.

October 17, 2017, 05:46:39 PM
Reply #54

mikey_blue

Pickford
Kenny Keane Jags Baines

Davies Morgs Rooney

Vlasic      DCL     Mirallas

Swap out Rooney for Sig if you fancy.

Try and score first.

October 17, 2017, 05:53:00 PM
Reply #55

Ramjam

Can’t see jags playing again so soon after the Brighton game so probably Williams will start in the back 3/4
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 17, 2017, 06:02:23 PM
Reply #56

van der Meyde

Take Moyes back as DOF,with Unsworth as manager until the end of the season. We have nothing to lose with the absolute shite we are watching this season.
Stones aside, there's not a single (initial) signing post 2008 in there though.

We might not have had much money for the last 5 years, but his signings were more miss than hit during that period.

October 17, 2017, 09:29:00 PM
Reply #57

Toddacelli

This is what I would like to see:

Pickford

Kenny        Jagielka                Keane           Baines               

Davies            Gana

Vlasic                Sigurdsson                Sandro

DCL         

I would have put Rooney in to start over DCL if I thought he could stay up there as focal point but I think he'll try to do too much and come to deep. I'm going with DCL's pace rather than Rooney's experience to stretch the opposition.
Davies and Gana should have enough fight in the middle of the park between them to let Sigurdsson do his thing.
I went with youth/experience/youth/experience at the back so as not to have two inexperienced defenders next to each other.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:32:32 PM by Toddacelli »

October 17, 2017, 11:33:12 PM
Reply #58

kramer0

GK: Pickford
RB: Holgate or Kenny
CB: Keane
CB: Jagielka
LB: Baines
DM: Schneiderlin
CM: Sigurdsson