September 25, 2018, 12:16:12 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Lyon  (Read 26754 times)

October 18, 2017, 03:42:40 AM
Read 26754 times

Jamokachi

Really really want us to win this,  even tho im negative towards  Koeman, I want us to win this, we cant be out of Europe at this early stage..praying to the big blue toffee god thats all around in the sky...

Pickford

Kenny     Keane       Jagielka     Baines

Vlasic         Davies     Rooney     Mirallas

Siggy
                       DCL

There is zero protection from that midfield.

October 18, 2017, 04:18:59 PM
Reply #1

Jamokachi

change Rooney for Ghana Gueye. your midefield contains the person who has been the worst player this seaso after Williams.. and probably responsible for not putting in a decent tackle that cost us a goal in the last 3 games, plus you still want to play with 2 holding midfielders, which has been really bad for us, they just both pass backwards, have no flair/creativity, and stop us from building attacks.. i guess fans think that MS and Gana, will eventually hit form...the system is not working, why keep beating a dead donkey?

what?

October 18, 2017, 05:03:49 PM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

lol, never mind., guess you just want a repeat of our previous fixtures..

No, I don't. But any fool can see that a midfield of Davies and Rooney isn't going to offer the defence (which is fragile at best) the protection they will need. Especially against a very good Lyon side.

Both lack positional discipline, and neither are particularly reliant in a defensive sense. Especially Rooney.

Point to where I have said both Gana and Schneiderlin should start? We may need two deeper lying midfielders against such quality opposition, but it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be those two.

You need to stop jumping to conclusions of others opinions. I've noticed it becoming a trait of yours.

October 20, 2017, 01:50:00 AM
Reply #3

Jamokachi

Strange that Rooney isn't even on the bench. Has he picked up a knock?

October 20, 2017, 01:58:21 AM
Reply #4

Jamokachi

October 20, 2017, 02:58:40 AM
Reply #6

Jamokachi

We've grown into the game well, considering confidence will be on its arse and the early blow. Klaassen has gotten better as the game has gone on, Davies and Mirallas have been energetic and Williams has been solid. Keep up the tempo of the second half of that period and we'll get chances.

Less said about Martina the better really, he evidently has no left foot, so it's an odd one to have him out there.

October 20, 2017, 04:02:24 AM
Reply #7

Jamokachi

Disappointed with Keane tonight, I must be honest. Martina has lost all defence I had of him. Useless.