November 18, 2017, 11:57:32 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Lyon  (Read 10422 times)

October 18, 2017, 03:30:30 PM
Reply #75

Waltzer

Put Mirallas in Lookmans position and put DCL UP top looks a good attacking team.

I know hes a bit like marmite but out of all of our players Miralles is probably the one that id have the most confidence in of getting us a goal from nowhere or in a one on one situation, hes also the most likely to frustrate but thats what you get I suppose, but id like to see him given a shot up front as at least he commits players and will run at them

October 18, 2017, 03:40:21 PM
Reply #76

Lxxx

Goodison under the lights would normally be rocking, I dont think Goodison can be arsed anymore

You know what if he went with a bold selection and some youth and they responded by giving us a decent performance and a win I think it would be rocking again. It doesn't take much for us to get onside again, we respond to a bit of positivity from the pitch and it feeds back, especially under the floodlights.

October 18, 2017, 03:42:49 PM
Reply #77

Juanito

Pickford
Holgate Jags Keane Baines
      Davies   Gana
Lookman  Sigurdsson Vlasic
           Mirallas

October 18, 2017, 04:01:03 PM
Reply #78

gizzblue

Pickford
     Jags          Keane
Holgate              Baines

Gana       Davies

Vlasic  Sig   Maralas

DCL.
Would be my pick

Stek
         Williams Keane
Martina               Baines

Gana      Schneid

S              Sig              S
 P           Klassen        P
 A           Rooney        A
 C           DCL              C
 E                                  E
Is what we end up getting

October 18, 2017, 04:04:02 PM
Reply #79

sam of the south

Win 2-0, DCL and Sandro; Vlasic MoM

Pickford
           Kenny Keane Holgate Baines
            Davies Schneiderlin Klaassen
                   Vlasic DCL Sandro

Stekelenburg, Jagielka, Besic, Sigurdsson, Gana, Lookman, Rooney

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 18, 2017, 04:15:42 PM
Reply #80

SANA_DR0

There is zero protection from that midfield.

change Rooney for Ghana Gueye. your midefield contains the person who has been the worst player this seaso after Williams.. and probably responsible for not putting in a decent tackle that cost us a goal in the last 3 games, plus you still want to play with 2 holding midfielders, which has been really bad for us, they just both pass backwards, have no flair/creativity, and stop us from building attacks.. i guess fans think that MS and Gana, will eventually hit form...the system is not working, why keep beating a dead donkey?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:17:42 PM by SANA_DR0 »
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 18, 2017, 04:18:59 PM
Reply #81

Jamokachi

change Rooney for Ghana Gueye. your midefield contains the person who has been the worst player this seaso after Williams.. and probably responsible for not putting in a decent tackle that cost us a goal in the last 3 games, plus you still want to play with 2 holding midfielders, which has been really bad for us, they just both pass backwards, have no flair/creativity, and stop us from building attacks.. i guess fans think that MS and Gana, will eventually hit form...the system is not working, why keep beating a dead donkey?

what?

October 18, 2017, 04:38:13 PM
Reply #82

SANA_DR0

what?

lol, never mind., guess you just want a repeat of our previous fixtures..
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 18, 2017, 05:03:49 PM
Reply #83

Jamokachi

lol, never mind., guess you just want a repeat of our previous fixtures..

No, I don't. But any fool can see that a midfield of Davies and Rooney isn't going to offer the defence (which is fragile at best) the protection they will need. Especially against a very good Lyon side.

Both lack positional discipline, and neither are particularly reliant in a defensive sense. Especially Rooney.

Point to where I have said both Gana and Schneiderlin should start? We may need two deeper lying midfielders against such quality opposition, but it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be those two.

You need to stop jumping to conclusions of others opinions. I've noticed it becoming a trait of yours.

October 18, 2017, 05:48:07 PM
Reply #84

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
             Pickford
Holgate Jags Keane Baines
      Davies   Gana
Lookman  Sigurdsson Vlasic
           Mirallas

Would be a stop start game with that lineup. "Oh and that's the fortieth time Mirallas has been caught off side..."
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 18, 2017, 05:54:20 PM
Reply #85

SANA_DR0

Pickford
Kenny Jagielka Keane baines
Schneiderlin
Davies gueye vlasic
Sigurdsson
Dcl

sorry my bad, thought you and jamokachi where the same poster.. shouldnt post when ive just woke up.

No, I don't. But any fool can see that a midfield of Davies and Rooney isn't going to offer the defence (which is fragile at best) the protection they will need. Especially against a very good Lyon side.

Both lack positional discipline, and neither are particularly reliant in a defensive sense. Especially Rooney.

Point to where I have said both Gana and Schneiderlin should start? We may need two deeper lying midfielders against such quality opposition, but it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be those two.

You need to stop jumping to conclusions of others opinions. I've noticed it becoming a trait of yours.

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 18, 2017, 06:23:44 PM
Reply #86

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So this was for me then?
That side has one holding midfielder. The only who holds that position positionally. His form is poor admittedly but needs must.

Simply simply lovely

October 18, 2017, 06:43:49 PM
Reply #87

Bluenose 91

It's 2017 and there's still people calling for Mirallas to be given a go up front.

Lads, he's fucking shit in his regular position never mind anywhere else.

October 18, 2017, 07:36:53 PM
Reply #88

BlueForYou

Pickford
           Holgate          Keane             Williams         Baines
                        Davies                                 Vlasic
                                           Sigurdsson                 
           Sandro                     Rooney                       DCL

Bench: Stek; Jags; Schneiderlin; Gana; Klaassen; Lookman; Mirallas

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 18, 2017, 07:46:09 PM
Reply #89

Macca77

Some bizarre lineups in thread