November 18, 2017, 09:03:10 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Lyon  (Read 10292 times)

October 18, 2017, 07:52:12 PM
Reply #90

gizzblue

It's 2017 and there's still people calling for Mirallas to be given a go up front.

Lads, he's fucking shit in his regular position never mind anywhere else.
Don't remember him getting a regular run of games to judge ....your crystal ball must be fooking brill .

October 18, 2017, 07:55:38 PM
Reply #91

BlueForYou

Bizarre line-ups because we don't have a lot of options - we need wingers and goalscorers, a bit of a juggling act

Koeman must be pulling his hair out, never mind growing a beard for Christmas
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 18, 2017, 07:57:22 PM
Reply #92

ally2

I think we've got lots of options. Probably too many (going forward anyway).

October 18, 2017, 08:01:42 PM
Reply #93

gizzblue

I think we've got lots of options. Probably too many (going forward anyway).
Yeah dead right

Sig
       Klassen
       Rooney
       Vlasic

all vying for the same three foot in the D on the edge of the area due to Rk's rack em stack em tactic

October 18, 2017, 09:44:30 PM
Reply #94

Bluenose 91

Don't remember him getting a regular run of games to judge ....your crystal ball must be fooking brill .

There's literally nothing to suggest he'd be good there though.

October 18, 2017, 10:03:28 PM
Reply #95

gizzblue

There's literally nothing to suggest he'd be good there though.
Better than one in two goals per game at Olympiacos. ..but we've never really utilized him like they did ...so again it's down to opinion really ...but to say 'literally nothing to suggest' his ability  is a bit strong ...maybe since we played him out wide but hey ...interpreting how you see fit is all gravy and we badly need goals ...but it's all by the by as Koeman's pushed him out too.

October 18, 2017, 10:08:17 PM
Reply #96

D15TIN

What do we reckon the attendance will be then? Everton have seemed pretty desperate to sell tickets the last few weeks for it, I'm going 28,000

October 18, 2017, 10:17:06 PM
Reply #97

Major Clanger

Better than one in two goals per game at Olympiacos. ..but we've never really utilized him like they did ...so again it's down to opinion really ...but to say 'literally nothing to suggest' his ability  is a bit strong ...maybe since we played him out wide but hey ...interpreting how you see fit is all gravy and we badly need goals ...but it's all by the by as Koeman's pushed him out too.

And Besic was hands down the best damn centre back in the Hungarian league, but you wouldn't trust him playing there for us as plan A, would you?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 18, 2017, 10:25:02 PM
Reply #98

gizzblue

And Besic was hands down the best damn centre back in the Hungarian league, but you wouldn't trust him playing there for us as plan A, would you?
We're not talking about Besic  (although id take him over the recent Williams games) ....we're talking about a striker forced out of position by countless managers ....especially when they needed goals ....midfield cover or defence we have plenty of cover all tried and all failed pretty much.
Strikers we've flogged every avenue all failed ageing Rooney too young DCL settling Sandro and an at times hapless Niasse  but Mirra has been frozen out by the fuckwit in charge when he has the second most career goals of any of them ...it doesn't make sense only to RK's ego.

October 18, 2017, 10:33:11 PM
Reply #99

Macca77

Desperate times for ticket sales, ive already got some, dont want anymore

October 18, 2017, 10:47:01 PM
Reply #100

D15TIN

Desperate times for ticket sales, ive already got some, dont want anymore
shit isn't it, Lyon are quite a big name in football aswell- any other season we'd probably sell out

October 18, 2017, 10:57:40 PM
Reply #101

gizzblue

shit isn't it, Lyon are quite a big name in football aswell- any other season we'd probably sell out
Maybe the board will wake the fuck up and see the supporters voting with their absences .

October 18, 2017, 11:19:06 PM
Reply #102

Gash

Global Moderator

No we wouldn't, I doubt we've had over 30,000 at a European game since Fiorentina nearly 10 years ago.

October 18, 2017, 11:35:41 PM
Reply #103

D15TIN

No we wouldn't, I doubt we've had over 30,000 at a European game since Fiorentina nearly 10 years ago.
Could argue that Lyon are the biggest name weve played in Europe since Fiorentina

October 18, 2017, 11:48:37 PM
Reply #104

everton1952

Is it me or is it difficult to get his press conference off the Echo site? All I get is adverts and short clips and quotations. Can't find the full conference anywhere.