December 18, 2018, 10:48:07 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Lyon  (Read 30213 times)

October 20, 2017, 02:38:34 AM
Read 30213 times

toffee_scot

We are starting to play better, Mirallas looks up for this.

October 20, 2017, 02:55:22 AM
Reply #1

toffee_scot

We've picked up in the last 15 minutes and playing with more energy and determination. If we had started the game with more confidence, I think we would have been the ones 1-0 up.

Keep it going, the fans and players will be feeding off each other's energy.

October 20, 2017, 03:32:17 AM
Reply #2

toffee_scot

WILLIAMS!

October 20, 2017, 03:35:51 AM
Reply #3

toffee_scot

Gylfi's set pieces have been very good this evening.

October 20, 2017, 03:38:39 AM
Reply #4

toffee_scot

Ah well, good move from Lyon.

October 20, 2017, 03:54:15 AM
Reply #5

toffee_scot

Baines must be fucking furious that he has to watch Martina from the bench.

October 20, 2017, 04:11:49 AM
Reply #6

toffee_scot

There was quite a bit of fight from many of the players, but morale is very low so it is very difficult to play as a cohesive team at this time.

At least Koeman tried to be positive with the starting lineup and substitutions, however there is no justification for playing Martina, I can't believe how atrocious a player he is. Koeman won't be sacked because Moshiri will see this as an 'expected' defeat against a very good French club and because we did play largely better than against Brighton.

We can use the Europa League now to experiment a bit, especially giving fringe players a go and rest some of our other key players for other important games.

I'm concerned about Davy Klaassen though, he is struggling a fair bit, I think he might have to go out on loan to another club in January, simply to play more football and rebuild his confidence before returning to Everton for preseason, maybe in a league which is not quite as challenging as the Premier League but one that is better than the Dutch Eredivisie.

October 20, 2017, 04:29:41 AM
Reply #7

toffee_scot

fuck him, i hope he tops himself

Abysmal and disgusting comment. I know some close people including relatives who have tried (and thankfully did not end up dying) and I would never ever wish anyone and their loved ones to ever be in a situation like that. Whatever you think of Koeman as a manager of Everton, he is a human being who is a husband, a father, a brother and many other things to people close to him.