November 23, 2017, 07:59:28 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Lyon  (Read 11184 times)

October 20, 2017, 04:08:44 AM
Reply #855

wepull

Just saw the second half.

I think we would have made Allardyce proud of route A football. We just played long balls all along and our best chances came through free kicks.

We lost out it in the middle. Our players couldn't control simple balls there. Sig, Davies, DCL etc. just couldn't hold the ball in the middle of the park under decent pressure.

When we go down and the other team is just sticking to our players, we just don't have the players to take on the opposition and create a moment of magic nor do we have movement off the ball.

In short we are a team with zero imagination, creativity or movement and we are a boring boring side to watch.

October 20, 2017, 04:08:50 AM
Reply #856

KoemansNumberTens

fuck him, i hope he tops himself

You'd think you'd know better given we lost 1 of our own in Gary Speed

October 20, 2017, 04:09:16 AM
Reply #857

Mayor Farnum

You are a buffoon!

October 20, 2017, 04:09:21 AM
Reply #858

Tinga

No ambition if he doesn't go.

October 20, 2017, 04:09:28 AM
Reply #859

GrantyBoy78

I reckon Unsworth would have us organised and balanced pretty quickly. Plenty of good players there.
I disagree. Nothing against Rhino as think any manager would struggle with this unbalanced squad. Yes, we have good players...but only on paper, not many that are proven. And guess what? All the other teams have good players, too.

October 20, 2017, 04:09:37 AM
Reply #860

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Bare in mind, Martina is a right back playing left back! put baines right back or coleman left back and you have the same outcome. Your anger is wasted on him

Like Coleman against Benfica away.  Martina is still badly shite at RB too though.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

October 20, 2017, 04:09:54 AM
Reply #861

Major Clanger

Our season is so shit now that I won't even be happy when he's gone. It'll be like the end of a hostage situation, there will be some relief, but not much optimism for the future.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 20, 2017, 04:10:05 AM
Reply #862

Paddockoldie

Martina must never be allowed a shirt again. I bet even he can't understand how he gets a game... poor judgement from Koeman bringing him in. Thought we fought better tonight but sad to say Koeman needs to accept he's banging his head on his ceiling and should resign. Get Unsi in for now and get hunting a new manager but who is the question. I don't want us to be someone's pay day.. Howe could do a good job but might not be big enough for Moshi....

October 20, 2017, 04:10:27 AM
Reply #863

Coyb12

Had enough now, got to go i'm afraid

Unsy in for the rest of the season, see how he does,

If not great plenty of time to look for a new manager

Results can't really get any worse and we will lose against Arsenal with him in charge, he's out of ideas
I don't want to agree mate but I think it's could looking that way.

October 20, 2017, 04:10:51 AM
Reply #864

hannu

i will just make this clear to everyone, am not really arsed what you all think of me

October 20, 2017, 04:11:01 AM
Reply #865

sam of the south

was that you lid?

Haha, no, mate!

I'm pretty loud, but even my lungs can't reach Goodison from Brighton 😁
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 20, 2017, 04:11:19 AM
Reply #866

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I disagree. Nothing against Rhino as think any manager would struggle with this unbalanced squad. Yes, we have good players...but only on paper, not many that are proven. And guess what? All the other teams have good players, too.

But at least he might have faith in playing Kenny and Garbutt as proper fullbacks, instead of Holgate and Martina who are neither.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

October 20, 2017, 04:11:49 AM
Reply #867

toffee_scot

There was quite a bit of fight from many of the players, but morale is very low so it is very difficult to play as a cohesive team at this time.

At least Koeman tried to be positive with the starting lineup and substitutions, however there is no justification for playing Martina, I can't believe how atrocious a player he is. Koeman won't be sacked because Moshiri will see this as an 'expected' defeat against a very good French club and because we did play largely better than against Brighton.

We can use the Europa League now to experiment a bit, especially giving fringe players a go and rest some of our other key players for other important games.

I'm concerned about Davy Klaassen though, he is struggling a fair bit, I think he might have to go out on loan to another club in January, simply to play more football and rebuild his confidence before returning to Everton for preseason, maybe in a league which is not quite as challenging as the Premier League but one that is better than the Dutch Eredivisie.

October 20, 2017, 04:12:01 AM
Reply #868

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Youre a cunt.
I have to return some videotapes.

October 20, 2017, 04:12:07 AM
Reply #869

john e

If anyone wants a laugh, rewind to just before 85 mins, and listen to the Everonian screaming "You little shithouse, you're shit, lad, you're shit, you're shite!" 😂

Yep, heard that  lolol lolol :whistle: