July 21, 2018, 01:15:33 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Lyon  (Read 24526 times)

October 20, 2017, 03:58:22 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

Inclined to give Koeman the benefit of the doubt on Baines.

Baines struggled to pass a fitness test against Brighton and only played on with painkillers. Possibly best to give him a rest given his age and importance.

Didn't know he had fitness issues. I suppose this is what happens when you have a squad of 25 players and only one of them has a left foot. That fact alone means someone deserves to be hauled over the coals.

October 20, 2017, 04:20:24 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

I must admit I am veering towards Holgate not reaching the levels we hoped he might if he carries on this current trajectory. He's not a natural right back and not ready to be a centre half yet. I think he, like a few of our lads, needs to be playing regular football a level below where we are at the minute. To hone their game, build them up, get them experience and grow into young men. Too many of them still look like young boys at the minute and are getting exposed most weeks, which isn't great for their development.
We have a really talented young group that are being asked to mix it every week at the top level and it's not working either for them or for us.

October 20, 2017, 04:34:39 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/10/20/club-statement-everton-v-olympique-lyonnaise

Deserves whatever the club throw at him. Idiot of the highest order and an embarrassment to the club.