November 21, 2017, 02:22:44 PM

Author Topic: [News]Cottee: Everton have too many number 10's  (Read 1040 times)

October 17, 2017, 10:53:41 PM
Reply #15

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Is anyone else not worried that our first choice forward was giroud? He's a good player but when I watch us play I don't think we are crying out for a paceless targetman. Genuinely think our transfer policy is clueless. Think it's at least in part koemans fault too

To be honest, any striker right now would be what we need.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

deCoubertin

October 17, 2017, 11:02:21 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

Cottee earning his coin there by pointing that out

I'm more disappointed it won't let me click on your signature for a closer look.

October 17, 2017, 11:03:49 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

Is anyone else not worried that our first choice forward was giroud? He's a good player but when I watch us play I don't think we are crying out for a paceless targetman. Genuinely think our transfer policy is clueless. Think it's at least in part koemans fault too

Have to agree with this. I'm not too sure Giroud holding the ball up on the halfway line is what this team would have needed, especially with no width to get the ball wide and get the ball into the box for him to attack.

October 17, 2017, 11:19:37 PM
Reply #18

Simon Paul

Administrator
people moaning that he's "pointing out the obvious" then in the next breath moaning that nobody talks about the problems at Everton enough in the media

I love this forum

October 17, 2017, 11:24:28 PM
Reply #19

Bluedylan

I'm gonna love it when we win the FA Cup, love it, love it love it. Love it even more when we score three goals at Wembley, just love it, love it and love the goalscorers - Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson - gonna absolutely love it!

Where's John Hurst and Paul Bracewell when you need 'em?

Are you having some sort of breakdown?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 17, 2017, 11:48:45 PM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

October 17, 2017, 11:50:07 PM
Reply #21

BlueForYou

Impersonating Kevin Keegan's breakdown/meltdown of about 20 years ago

Love it!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 18, 2017, 12:11:00 AM
Reply #22

Cozzie

Yeah loads of number 10's and no forward or even wide players for them to pass too.

By far the weirdest transfer policy followed by tactics I have ever seen. Just downright bizzarre.

October 18, 2017, 12:28:25 AM
Reply #23

Lxxx

Yeah loads of number 10's and no forward or even wide players for them to pass too.

By far the weirdest transfer policy followed by tactics I have ever seen. Just downright bizzarre.

Clearly one bloke was signing players he wanted and another was telling the board to sign the ones he wanted. It might have helped if they'd decided amongst themselves what they were going to do.

October 18, 2017, 01:16:03 AM
Reply #24

JordanianEmbassy

We've actually only got 2 fit number 10s - Rooney and Sigurdsson. Klassen was a box to box midfielder at Ajax. 

October 18, 2017, 02:55:55 AM
Reply #25

Evertonian in NC

Klaassen was bought for the Tom Davis position, although he does look more like a number 10.

I'd rather we had not got Rooney if we wanted Sig.

As the American press said at the time, the problem signing was Rooney, a short-term clutter maker that confused things in the interim while providing no significant burst of quality.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 18, 2017, 03:11:28 AM
Reply #26

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Including pre-season, I think some of our best play so far has come through Klaassen. Disappointed he's not playing more.

October 18, 2017, 03:11:51 AM
Reply #27

toffee_scot

More and more footballing pundits in the media like Cottee are now highlighting the problems that we've identified from the last few months including questioning Koeman's ability.

Phil Neville seems to be the exception calling Koeman a 'top class manager', but someone needs to tell him that he is no longer an Everton employee so the teacher's pet routine no longer works. 

October 18, 2017, 03:12:53 AM
Reply #28

ally2

Including pre-season, I think some of our best play so far has come through Klaassen. Disappointed he's not playing more.

True that

October 18, 2017, 03:19:10 AM
Reply #29

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
True that

What's had me questioning myself on Klaassen, is even Koeman is criticising him, saying he's finding it tough to adjust. Was surprised by that as certainly didn't think he was any worse than anyone else in our team, lots of bright sparks, and it's been intermittent games often out of position, anyone would find that tough to play well consistently. That kind of negative talk can be bad for the player mentally, but also puts more fan pressure on him which he doesn't need. So yeah, whilst I've been less critical of Koeman than most, not really impressed with how he's dealt with Klaassen.