November 23, 2017, 06:18:43 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: We need to beat Lyon  (Read 1081 times)

October 18, 2017, 08:24:27 PM
Read 1081 times

Everton News

Koeman: We need to beat Lyon

Everton boss Ronald Koeman has expressed the importance of beating Lyon in the Europa League tomorrow night if Everton are to proceed in the competition.

Source: Koeman: We need to beat Lyon

deCoubertin

October 18, 2017, 08:25:29 PM
Reply #1

blueski

scoring one or two goals from open play might help
Nil Satis

October 18, 2017, 08:34:00 PM
Reply #2

kramer0

We need to perform better, whatever the result is. If we play well for a run of matches, plenty of us will get off his back. A lot of Evertonians are just looking for some sign of progress, something that suggests that we aren't going to be crap for the rest of the season with Koeman in charge.

A result from another shit performance will only prolong our misery and delay the inevitable.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:40:07 PM by kramer0 »

October 18, 2017, 09:15:01 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

scoring one or two goals from open play might help

I miss the optimism I had from that first Sandro goal in pre-season against Sevilla.
There was pace, there was movement, there was 1-touch passing there was correct decision-making, there was a composed finish and it all happened in about 60 seconds.
I was ready to start singing 'We're gonna win the league' at that point.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 18, 2017, 09:17:05 PM
Reply #4

D15TIN

Start a game on the front foot for a change then, how often do we go in at half time having not scored or being behind under koeman? We start games far too slowly with no urgency

If the players show effort & willingness the crowd will respond

October 18, 2017, 09:38:00 PM
Reply #5

ally2

We need to perform better, whatever the result is. If we play well for a run of matches, plenty of us will get off his back. A lot of Evertonians are just looking for some sign of progress, something that suggests that we aren't going to be crap for the rest of the season with Koeman in charge.

A result from another shit performance will only prolong our misery and delay the inevitable.

Nah. Results are everything. Confidence follows

October 18, 2017, 10:01:40 PM
Reply #6

School of Science

Scoring the first goal would be a start and a probable difference maker, a good deserved win on Thursday could give us confidence and should allow us to build a platform to go on a run.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 18, 2017, 10:51:36 PM
Reply #7

Coyb12

Another comment on the lines of the Cottee comment from yesterday.We known that mate,tell me how we are going to do it because I'm fucked if I know.

October 19, 2017, 12:51:51 AM
Reply #8

bacon sarnie

October 19, 2017, 12:57:44 AM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

In the league, I'll accept signs of progress and improved performances (for now) if they come.

In the cups however, results are the be all and end all. Anything but a win here, and we're pretty much out of it, which is completely unacceptable.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 19, 2017, 12:59:32 AM
Reply #10

Cozzie

Fuck off Koeman.

Pmsl. Dunno why I found this so funny, think it is because I pictured Yozza hughes saying it.

October 19, 2017, 01:14:04 AM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nah. Results are everything. Confidence follows

Wish people would stop saying this.

We need to start performing well.

We're not going to get a result against Lyon playing poorly.

It's time we started seeing some signs on the pitch that the manager is building towards a cohesive system.

October 19, 2017, 01:30:14 AM
Reply #12

gizzblue

Wish people would stop saying this.

We need to start performing well.

We're not going to get a result against Lyon playing poorly.

It's time we started seeing some signs on the pitch that the manager is building towards a cohesive system.
Not even cohesive as such just a proper fucking system would do .
Baby steps an all that

October 19, 2017, 01:50:16 AM
Reply #13

SANA_DR0

to play well, we need a formation that doesnt shoe horn players in, also we need pace.. Lookman got taken out of the under 23's around months ago,promoted to the first team squad, from what i recall he hasnt played, let alone been in the match day squad... we can defend, but we struggle to attack.. wish koeman changes his 3-1 attack. It gives us no outlet.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 19, 2017, 02:06:27 AM
Reply #14

bacon sarnie

Pmsl. Dunno why I found this so funny, think it is because I pictured Yozza hughes saying it.

Yozzer Hughes la. Shake hands!

Gizza job for RK if we lose this.