November 23, 2017, 01:32:33 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: We need to beat Lyon  (Read 1083 times)

October 19, 2017, 02:13:50 AM
Reply #15

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
All gone a bit England at the World Cup this.

deCoubertin

October 19, 2017, 02:31:24 AM
Reply #16

ally2

Wish people would stop saying this.

We need to start performing well.

We're not going to get a result against Lyon playing poorly.

It's time we started seeing some signs on the pitch that the manager is building towards a cohesive system.

It's a circular argument. But you can win without a cohesive system and, right now, I'd happily settle for that because you actually get points for it. If you don't win then players get gripped by desperation and fear, and those are debilitating. I used to be a dreamer, that's why I never took to Moyes. But these days it's all about the win for me, no matter what. I feel like I've given up on the beauty of the game, and that's sad, but I convince myself that better football will come once the pressure has been relieved, and that's enough.

October 19, 2017, 02:32:51 AM
Reply #17

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
to play well, we need a formation that doesnt shoe horn players in, also we need pace.. Lookman got taken out of the under 23's around months ago,promoted to the first team squad, from what i recall he hasnt played, let alone been in the match day squad... we can defend, but we struggle to attack.. wish koeman changes his 3-1 attack. It gives us no outlet.
Can we defend?
We concede first every week

Simply simply lovely

October 19, 2017, 03:13:12 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

Not subscribing to this ‘results are everything’ outlook. We haven’t played well for 90 minutes once this season. That’s poor by anyone’s standards.

We’ve not won away for home since January either. That’s a Martinez-esque stat and one he would have got crucified over had it happened to him. Strangely it’s not brought up as much as it should be.

It feels like Groundhog Day from two years ago at the minute. We need an improvement in performances and results asap.

October 19, 2017, 04:02:02 PM
Reply #19

plowman2

Koeman: We need to beat Lyon

Everton boss Ronald Koeman has expressed the importance of beating Lyon in the Europa League tomorrow night if Everton are to proceed in the competition.

Source: Koeman: We need to beat Lyon
[/quote

You see  this kind of insight that makes him the manager and us the average fan in the street!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:03:08 PM by plowman2 »
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

October 19, 2017, 06:47:23 PM
Reply #20

SANA_DR0

Wish people would stop saying this.

We need to start performing well.

We're not going to get a result against Lyon playing poorly.

It's time we started seeing some signs on the pitch that the manager is building towards a cohesive system.

Koeman refuses to use another system, let alone try to build a cohesive one, thats why i know a different manager would get alot more out of our players.. mainly due to changing our style of anti  football into something that will get the fans behind the team. yeah for the first tens mins or so the fans will be behind the team, but once you see the back passing, no ideas, lack of anything style of play.. theres only so much you can keep egging on the team. you just sit there in silence wishing we dont concede.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 19, 2017, 06:49:17 PM
Reply #21

SANA_DR0

Can we defend?
We concede first every week

yes we concede, as our midfielders can't keep hold of the ball, you have our main outlet/striker on the wing.. whats he supposed to do there? we set up very negatively every match, inviting the other teams to attack us.

Its inevitable we will concede goals if we cant keep the ball up the pitch.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 19, 2017, 06:55:57 PM
Reply #22

Hawkandro

No shit, Sherlock. Can see why he gets £6m a year now.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.