December 12, 2018, 05:56:25 PM

Author Topic: deulefeu  (Read 3888 times)

October 19, 2017, 06:48:48 PM
Read 3888 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman didn't want him, Barcelona did, so they exercise their right to buy him back for around £9m

good luck to the boy, we haven't got a striker to get on the end of his crosses now anyway

We had a striker for the past 4 seasons who rarely got on the end of his crosses, so it's a mute point. He was great for a while in his first season and really didn't do much else after.

No ill feelings towards him, he's just another player playing for another team now.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

October 19, 2017, 09:24:00 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Moot point

Sorry everybody corrects me on here, i wanted to do it once :)

Fair dos. I'll blame the fact I wrote that at early o'clock before coffee as I normally do :)
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

October 19, 2017, 10:55:51 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Except the first half of the 2012-13 season when he and Lukaku were the most prolific front pairing in Europe, you mean?

That's the season I was talking about. Then it all went quiet.

October 20, 2017, 12:13:24 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I do remember when the two of them were combining extremely well and were ripping it up for a couple of months. Things looked very good at that point. That was Martinez's first season.

Then Del got injured and never really staked a claim for being included long term in the first team under both Martinez and Koeman even though he had many chances. Of course Rom kept scoring and now looks even better at Utd. Perhaps they both needed better players around them?

As for Niasse, what has he done week in, week out since he's been introduced in the fold? I remember he came on and got a brace against Bournemouth and then started the next game and looked shit.

I hope he does come good, but I think his best role is that of super sub. Just like at Hull when he got 4 in 17 games.

October 20, 2017, 12:19:27 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
the date is on the tweet, it was Koeman's first season (even I thought it was earlier than that, but time does strange things)

I don't even remember that under Koeman. Don't recall Del getting that much of a look in.