November 24, 2017, 10:58:59 PM

Author Topic: deulefeu  (Read 1815 times)

October 19, 2017, 04:36:44 PM
Read 1815 times

everton1952

Watching Deulefeu play for Barcelona in the Champions League made me wonder if his departure from us unavoidable. Did he want to go anyway or did Barcelona have a contractual right to sign him back, or did we blunder and just sell him? I can't remember. I know some fans had big doubts about his consistency, physical strength etc.  In our present shape he would be a breath of fresh air. What is good enough for Barca etc etc.

deCoubertin

October 19, 2017, 04:42:36 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Let him go. He's history.

October 19, 2017, 06:06:55 PM
Reply #2

Simon Paul

Administrator
Koeman didn't want him, Barcelona did, so they exercise their right to buy him back for around £9m

good luck to the boy, we haven't got a striker to get on the end of his crosses now anyway

October 19, 2017, 06:08:55 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We do have klaassen, Sigurdsson and Rooney however who have previous for arriving late in the box to finish low driven crosses (statistically the best, most effective kind of cross and deulofeu's speciality).

I think the striker is hindering our build up play but we should be able to create chances without one - we just aren't.

But yeah, academic. Koeman didn't rate him so it doesn't really matter.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 19, 2017, 06:28:18 PM
Reply #4

pedrotheblue

We do have klaassen, Sigurdsson and Rooney however who have previous for arriving late in the box to finish low driven crosses (statistically the best, most effective kind of cross and deulofeu's speciality).

I think the striker is hindering our build up play but we should be able to create chances without one - we just aren't.

But yeah, academic. Koeman didn't rate him so it doesn't really matter.

Who the hell does Koeman rate?? Not Barkley, Mirrallas, Deulofeu, Lookman... anyone spot the pattern here?

October 19, 2017, 06:37:25 PM
Reply #5

SANA_DR0

Who the hell does Koeman rate?? Not Barkley, Mirrallas, Deulofeu, Lookman... anyone spot the pattern here?

He rates Vlasic so much so that he intends to play him in the middle of the pitch more.. not sure if that means as a number ten.. cos thats what we really need!!!

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/17/everton-fans-furious-after-ronald-koeman-shares-plan-for-nikola/

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/919941453316612096/photo/1

^he said that during the post match interview!! lolol
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 19, 2017, 06:44:51 PM
Reply #6

Bluenose 91

Didn't really matter what Koeman thought of him did it?

The clause was there so he was always gonna go if they chose to activate it.

How has he done for Barca so far anyway?  Can he play for longer than 25 minutes without keeling over on the touchline yet or what?

October 19, 2017, 06:48:48 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman didn't want him, Barcelona did, so they exercise their right to buy him back for around £9m

good luck to the boy, we haven't got a striker to get on the end of his crosses now anyway

We had a striker for the past 4 seasons who rarely got on the end of his crosses, so it's a mute point. He was great for a while in his first season and really didn't do much else after.

No ill feelings towards him, he's just another player playing for another team now.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

October 19, 2017, 06:49:52 PM
Reply #8

Hawkandro

He rates Vlasic so much so that he intends to play him in the middle of the pitch more.. not sure if that means as a number ten.. cos thats what we really need!!!

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/17/everton-fans-furious-after-ronald-koeman-shares-plan-for-nikola/

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/919941453316612096/photo/1

^he said that during the post match interview!! lolol

Thank God, we are a bit light in the middle of the park.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 19, 2017, 06:52:58 PM
Reply #9

SANA_DR0

Didn't really matter what Koeman thought of him did it?

The clause was there so he was always gonna go if they chose to activate it.

How has he done for Barca so far anyway?  Can he play for longer than 25 minutes without keeling over on the touchline yet or what?

kinda says it all doesnt it...

why dont you watch Barca and find out? he set up the goal yesterday, He even set up Piquet for another assist but he ended up hand balling it in the box...

It was a relex. He pushed the ball with his arm. And he scored a goal that didn't count. As he already had been booked, it meant he was sent off. Gerard Pique was in the middle of the controversy as Barcelona beat Olympiakos on Wednesday. It was an action which didn't just end with the defender heading for an early shower, but also had serious consequences for Gerard Deulofeu, who was removed at half time to make way for Javier Mascherano.

Deulofeu, who returned to the starting lineup after an impressive cameo in the second half against Atletico Madrid, was offering his best form. Deulofeu was being the Deulofeu we all want to see. The Deulofeu that exists but that does not always appear. A brilliant Deulofeu, running at defences, creating danger... but the show only lasted 45 minutes.

Barça coach Ernesto Valverde decided to go with a fourth defender to cover the absence of the expelled Pique. And Deulofeu's recital ended. A shame, because it looked as if, finally, the La Masia product was going to give us an entire game at a good level, cancelling out the theory that he can only be a player for 30 minutes. Despite watching the second half from the bench, his performance excited us. A lot. 

Because what Barça need is players like Deulofeu. Brave. Daring. Someone who looks for the impossible to create superiority. He did well during his one half showing against Olympiakos. Now it remains to be seen if Valverde will give him continuity in the coming games. With what we have seen on Wednesday at Camp Nou, he deserves it.

Deulofeu played pretty well. best i've seen him play for a while. if piquet didnt get sent off.. he would have played a lot longer.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 19, 2017, 06:55:27 PM
Reply #10

Hawkandro

My main issue with Deulofeu was that he appeared to have no stamina whatsoever. In the time he was here, his fitness didn't improve one bit. Would come on in the 65th minute and be blowing out of his arse come the 80th.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 19, 2017, 06:57:00 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Deulofeu wont be there for long mate please don't try and blend it that he's good enough. If he is then it's a sign of how far Barca are talking.

Re Vlasic : I mean he was a central player at split, for whatever reason we've been playing him wide.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 19, 2017, 06:58:14 PM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Rooney

October 19, 2017, 07:03:21 PM
Reply #13

SANA_DR0

Deulofeu wont be there for long mate please don't try and blend it that he's good enough. If he is then it's a sign of how far Barca are talking.

Re Vlasic : I mean he was a central player at split, for whatever reason we've been playing him wide.

I agree with the both points bud,

just that bluenose poster stating that the player dies after 25 mins, is a  bit bitter.. yes he had stamina issues, but it wasnt every match, he got into a good run of games a few times, i know he was taken off a lot.. but to be negative on him cos he left/plays for barca is bitter..

Vlasic is a number 10/cm i agree. just dont get who he will drop to accommodate another number 10, i dont see him being a central midfielder, he doesnt have that presence.. number 10 is all i can see for him.. :s so Rooney will be the central striker/false 9, with Vlasic and Siggy behind.. thats why we struggle.. no striker and the only one we have who is a 9, hardly every played in his main position.

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 19, 2017, 07:03:41 PM
Reply #14

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
kinda says it all doesnt it...

why dont you watch Barca and find out? he set up the goal yesterday, He even set up Piquet for another assist but he ended up hand balling it in the box...

Deulofeu played pretty well. best i've seen him play for a while. if piquet didnt get sent off.. he would have played a lot longer.
Why should he Watch Barca to see how Delefeou is doing ??  Are you watching United to see how Lukaku is doing
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:05:01 PM by Polledreng »