November 20, 2017, 07:43:47 PM

Author Topic: deulefeu  (Read 1751 times)

October 19, 2017, 08:09:01 PM
Reply #30

ally2

Odd player. Probably not worth the trouble of deciphering him.

deCoubertin

October 19, 2017, 08:48:23 PM
Reply #31

KoemansNumberTens

He's absolutely not good enough for Barcelona. He wasn't overly good at a poor Milan side. His loan deal to them almost fell through because they wouldn't agree to buy. He was shite at Sevilla too and after a good start pretty inept with us.
He'll be shipped out first chance they get. In the main he's been pretty poor for a very dominant side from the few games I've watched. When dembele is fit he'll play and when the window opens they'll sign a player that will take most of his minutes off the bench. Loads of talent. Shite on Saturdays

October 19, 2017, 08:50:10 PM
Reply #32

Simon Paul

Administrator
We had a striker for the past 4 seasons who rarely got on the end of his crosses, so it's a mute point. He was great for a while in his first season and really didn't do much else after.

No ill feelings towards him, he's just another player playing for another team now.

Except the first half of the 2012-13 season when he and Lukaku were the most prolific front pairing in Europe, you mean?

October 19, 2017, 08:51:36 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

He’ll fade into obscurity with the odd decent run of games at a mid table Spanish side to make everyone sit up and remember he still exists.

October 19, 2017, 09:24:00 PM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Moot point

Sorry everybody corrects me on here, i wanted to do it once :)

Fair dos. I'll blame the fact I wrote that at early o'clock before coffee as I normally do :)
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 19, 2017, 10:31:00 PM
Reply #35

KoemansNumberTens

Except the first half of the 2012-13 season when he and Lukaku were the most prolific front pairing in Europe, you mean?

Surely Messi and whoever or Ronaldo and whoever were more prolific. They are scoring 50 goals each a season.

October 19, 2017, 10:40:44 PM
Reply #36

SANA_DR0

He’ll fade into obscurity with the odd decent run of games at a mid table Spanish side to make everyone sit up and remember he still exists.

I doubt that will happen, for the under 21/23 spain team he is usually the captain(has been the capt), In the summer he played a lot of games for spain, whole matches!! 
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 19, 2017, 10:41:29 PM
Reply #37

Simon Paul

Administrator
Surely Messi and whoever or Ronaldo and whoever were more prolific. They are scoring 50 goals each a season.

Nope

Lukaku and Kone were also in the top three most prolific front pairings that Christmas

Stopped after Christmas obviously but for half a season we had two of the three best strike partnerships in Europe.

October 19, 2017, 10:55:51 PM
Reply #38

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

That's the season I was talking about. Then it all went quiet.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 19, 2017, 10:59:27 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

I doubt that will happen, for the under 21/23 spain team he is usually the captain(has been the capt), In the summer he played a lot of games for spain, whole matches!! 

What you do at that age group means nothing. It's what you do against men week in week out that counts and he's classed as a man now.

October 19, 2017, 11:04:13 PM
Reply #40

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Cheers. i dont really watch Barca.. so i have no idea how there players names are spelt. but i spelt Deulofeu correctly lol

*You're

October 19, 2017, 11:07:08 PM
Reply #41

SANA_DR0

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 19, 2017, 11:08:26 PM
Reply #42

SANA_DR0

What you do at that age group means nothing. It's what you do against men week in week out that counts and he's classed as a man now.

aye, i agree, but he has played whole games.. 90 mins is 90 mins.. Im sure he will come good :)

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 19, 2017, 11:09:44 PM
Reply #43

BlueBeagle

For a couple of months.

Remember when Jelavic had a storming few months? A little spell of form means very little.

October 19, 2017, 11:15:41 PM
Reply #44

Simon Paul

Administrator
For a couple of months.

Remember when Jelavic had a storming few months? A little spell of form means very little.

I take it to mean that there's a player in there who will come out when the conditions are right

Lukaku seems better at adapting to more conditions than Kone, for example, but that doesn't mean that Kone - on his day - wasn't a player

it also doesn't mean Deulofeu will be the next Lionel Messi, but it does mean that he won't be the next Brett Angell

football fans love to write players off as "shite" - like they did with Niasse when Koeman was in favour and people believed what he said.  Neither Deulofeu or Niasse are "shite" and both were worth a chance in the Everton first team this season.

Deulofeu won't give a flying fuck about that now, because he's playing for the biggest club in world football and proving to them that they were wrong to let him go.

Niasse is proving Koeman wrong each week too.

Which is nice.