December 13, 2018, 03:22:56 PM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 34052 times)

September 01, 2018, 11:39:09 PM
Reply #360

sam of the south

Should be starting over Cenk imo

I think I agree, but Iím a little torn.

Tosunís unselfish runs have been good for Richarlison and Walcott, but he just isnít getting into goalscoring positions, and obviously he doesnít offer much threat on the counter attack, either.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 01, 2018, 11:49:42 PM
Reply #361

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Please stop fouling people.

September 02, 2018, 12:02:14 AM
Reply #362

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Didnít have a great game but had a tough job to do.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 02, 2018, 12:09:57 AM
Reply #363

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think with pace on either side Tosun is your man. Without that then Calvert Lewin is more of a threat

September 02, 2018, 12:52:25 AM
Reply #364

sam of the south

I think with pace on either side Tosun is your man. Without that then Calvert Lewin is more of a threat

How about if we had pace all across the frontline? 

September 02, 2018, 12:59:14 AM
Reply #365

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
DCL is the fastest in our squad isnít he?

Hoping he gets to prove me wrong.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

September 02, 2018, 01:56:40 AM
Reply #366

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
How about if we had pace all across the frontline? 

That's not the only attribute required

September 02, 2018, 02:02:47 AM
Reply #367

sam of the south

That's not the only attribute required

Yes, Iím more than aware of that.

I think DCL can hold it up too, plus he would potentially give us more of an option to thread through-balls given his league leading pace  :smug:

September 02, 2018, 02:05:29 AM
Reply #368

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Did well attacking the ball from the left side.

Also got in good positions on the left side when the full back had it but tried flicks, lay offs all the time with barely any/ none coming off.

All wide players have done well so far as the system is geared towards that area of the pitch.

I like how heís coming along but still (obviously) rough around the edges.

At least this week shows he will be getting plenty of minutes on the pitch.

September 02, 2018, 02:47:55 AM
Reply #369

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, Iím more than aware of that.

I think DCL can hold it up too, plus he would potentially give us more of an option to thread through-balls given his league leading pace  :smug:

He's definitely a great option alongside Tosun. I think Tosun plays with more intelligence but they will both play plenty

September 02, 2018, 03:36:16 PM
Reply #370

Lxxx

I know Tosun offers a lot for the side and works hard but the fastest player in the league is sat here on 3 goals so far. The potential upside to this lad is massive, I donít think there is any with Tosun.

Granted theyíll both have a role to play over a long season but I donít think itís necessarily a given that heís our 2nd choice striker for me. Heíll improve game by game if he gets chance to learn up tops

September 02, 2018, 04:31:27 PM
Reply #371

sam of the south

I know Tosun offers a lot for the side and works hard but the fastest player in the league is sat here on 3 goals so far. The potential upside to this lad is massive, I donít think there is any with Tosun.

Granted theyíll both have a role to play over a long season but I donít think itís necessarily a given that heís our 2nd choice striker for me. Heíll improve game by game if he gets chance to learn up tops

He has got three goals, but havenít they all come from him playing as a wide forward off the left?

September 02, 2018, 04:35:06 PM
Reply #372

AllyBlue14

DCL is the fastest player in the league?

September 02, 2018, 04:51:30 PM
Reply #373

Lxxx

He has got three goals, but havenít they all come from him playing as a wide forward off the left?

They have but I can well imagine him and Richarlison interchanging positions quite effectively as they're both tall, athletic, fast and mobile. One or the other/both will get into goal scoring positions if theyíre both on the pitch.

September 02, 2018, 04:55:50 PM
Reply #374

Lxxx

DCL is the fastest player in the league?

Tongue in cheek for effect but he is apparently the fastest recorded player in the league so far this season.